Pneumonia is a dangerous inflammatory disease of the lungs, which in some cases practically asymptomatic. Adults and children suffer from pathology, but the child can not always correctly describe their symptoms. In this article, we will consider what the dangers of pneumonia without increasing the temperature in the child and how to treat this disease.
Causes of the development of pneumonia without increasing temperature
The inflammatory process in the pulmonary tissues is most often evolving after penetration of infectious pathogens. It can be:
- Bacteria (Pneumococci, Staphylococci, Streptococci, Hadamidia, Escherichia);
- viruses (influenza, paragripp, herpes, adenovirus, windmill);
- fungi (candidis, aspergillosis is distinguished by a heavy flow);
- Parasites (pulmonary loseller, ascaris, echinococcus, pork chain).
However, not any contact of the child with viruses ends with pneumonia. The disease occurs when the body is weakened, and the immune system does not cope.
Pneumonia in a child without a temperature occurs for the following reasons:
- long-term uncontrolled use of antitussive preparations;
- the use of antibiotics, due to which the bacteria adapted;
- Low immunity.
Low immunity entails pneumonia without temperature
The risk that hidden pneumonia will develop, increases in the following cases:
- in disabilities in development;
- infection during childbirth;
- under anemia;
- in chronic inflammatory nasopharynx processes;
- against the background of frequent bronchitis;
- due to lack of vitamins and nutrients;
- With frequent hypothermia.
The child can develop asymptomatic inflammation of the lungs due to passive smoking. Therefore, parents must be careful with bad habits, so as not to harm the baby.
How dangerous pneumonia in a child
If pneumonia proceeds without increasing body temperature, then this is a hidden form of lung inflammation. Some believe that the flow is less dangerous. In practice, everything else.
Although the symptoms of pneumonia without increasing the temperature seems to be softer, and the child does not feel too bad, pathological processes occur inside. This will affect how fast parents turn to the doctor and begin adequate treatment. Meanwhile, the process is able to lead to such consequences:
Meningitis is a complication of pneumonia
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- autoimmune hemolytic anemia;
- Defeat nervous system.
The danger of hidden pneumonia in a child also in the fact that due to pathological inflammatory processes in Alveoli, normal gas exchange is disturbed. All organs and systems begin to raise a sufficient amount of oxygen, and hypoxia is possible.
Symptoms of hidden shape of pneumonia in a child
It is much more complicated to detect the unprofaway pneumonia than the one that flows according to the classical form. However, if parents are attentive to their events, there is a chance to mark changes and consult a doctor in a timely manner.
At the first symptoms worth contacting the doctor
Changes in behavior
Initially, the child does not experience symptoms that are directly related to pneumonia. Appearing signs are not like problems with the lungs. Pneumonia in a child without temperature can be expressed by the following symptoms:
- Frequently unreasonable whims;
- Unusual reaction to familiar things;
Breasts have changes in behavior. They have a dream, kids are becoming more excited. 5-6 years old have lethargy and drowsiness. The baby is able to refuse to play and reluctantly respond to favorite classes. In fact, these are the first signs of the asymptomatic flow of pneumonia.
Well, if the kid is already at that age when able to describe his feelings and malaise. This will help parents faster to navigate and understand what help is needed.
The temperature does not rise and the complaints pointing to the inflammatory process in lung, do not arise. There are such symptoms of pneumonia in a child without a temperature:
Failure to take food is a sign of hidden pneumonia
- feeling of lobs in muscles and joints;
- weakness in the whole body;
- nausea and vomiting;
- dyspeptic phenomena;
- refusal to adopt;
- Rubber with the release of transparent mucus;
- the appearance of shortness of breath;
- heart palpitations.
As inflammation progressing, pain may occur when performing a deep breath, a sense of light shortage appear. The skin on the face in the child can become pale. Some patients appeared reverse reaction: the face acquired an unnatural blush.
An older child can complain about the appearance of dizziness, and the parents notice that after low physical exertion, the kid sweats quickly.
To accurately determine the type of respiratory disease only in such symptoms is very problematic. Therefore, after contacting the specialist, it will be necessary to undergo surveys, the directions for which the precipitated pediatrician will be issued.
Methods for diagnosing hidden flow pneumonia
Diagnose asymptomatic lung inflammation can be difficult. The fact is that there are no symptoms to make a diagnosis that would help quickly determine the hearth problems. To identify pneumonia in a child flowing without temperature, a number of surveys can be appointed a doctor.
Auscultation . With the help of the phoneneoscope, the attending physician carefully listens to the lungs. His goal is to identify the presence of wheezing, whistling or hard breathing.
Percussion . Under this method of study, the trimming of the chest is implied. In the absence of foci of inflammation, all departments make a distinct ring sound. If in some places the sound is dulled and becomes deaf, it speaks of a cluster in these areas of light mucus and inflammation.
Palpation . When diagnosing a disease without increasing the temperature, it is possible to add a change in the relief of the chest. Attentive observation of her movements during breathing will help to see if there are sites that are slightly lagging behind or move at all.
Blood and urine test . With pneumonia, the picture of the analysis results will be as follows: leukocytes and erythrocyte sedimentation rate will increase. Anemic symptoms are possible. Study urine reveals protein and can show an increased density.
Bloody analysis and urine for diagnosing pneumonia
X-ray . This is the main method of diagnostics, allowing the maximum probability to confirm the presence of pneumonia in a child. Even when the temperature is normal, the snapshot in two projections will show the problem. With his examination, the doctor will see locuses, or foci of inflammation. The root of the lungs is extended, and the pulmonary pattern is more pronounced. To interpret the obtained data should only specialist.
CT and MRI . Computer and magnetic resonance tomography is rare, only with complex forms of pathology. For the study, the child must be without movement, and it is extremely difficult to achieve this, except with the use of anesthesia.
Additional research methods
Much less frequently, such diagnostic methods are used for diseases.
- Pulse oximetry;
- Bacteriological sowing sputum.
Before issuing the direction to the passage of diagnostic procedures, the doctor carefully listens to the patient and find out what diseases were before. During the survey, the doctor will determine what chronic diseases are facing relatives.
Treatment of asymptomatic pneumonia
If the parents appealed to the doctor in a timely manner, it is possible to cure a child without the onset of complications. For the treatment of children under 3 years old, hospital apply.
Pneumonia in a child without temperature in most cases is treated with antibiotics. If the result is obtained a sputum analysis, you need to find out exactly what infection turned out to be a causative agent of the disease. In most cases, such funds are assigned:
Preparations should be taken only after appointing the attending physician. Sometimes the doctor can recommend apply antibiotics and other medicines in the form of injections.
To facilitate cough and improve the detection of sputum, such drugs are prescribed:
|Ambroxol||from 33 rubles.|
|Lazolvan||from 172 rubles.|
Preparations are produced in the form of syrup, tablets, suspensions. Depending on the patient's condition and from the anamnesis, anti-allergic drugs can be recommended.
Under normal pathology, treatment is allowed at home. At the same time, parents must ensure that the child takes all the drugs appointed in a timely manner.
To speed up the recovery process, it is necessary:
Provide a child with plentiful drink for faster recovery
- provide a child with plentiful drink;
- often carry out wet cleaning in the patient's room;
- Eliminate heavy fatty dishes from the diet.
Depending on the patient's condition, physiotherapy is prescribed, therapeutic gymnastics, drainage massage, inhalation. If the use of antibiotics, the course of treatment with probiotics should be underway.
On time, the therapy of pneumonia guarantees a favorable outcome.
Prevention against pneumonia among children
If you think about the health of the baby in advance, you can protect it from severe and dangerous diseases. So that pneumonia in a child does not occur without temperature, the following recommendations should be taken into account:
Lead an active lifestyle for pneumonia prevention
- It is important to tempt, making it gradually;
- taking air baths;
- to live an active lifestyle;
- Take a sport time;
- provide balanced nutrition;
- apply vitamin complexes;
- Timely treat all colds and infectious diseases.
It is important several times a year to visit the therapist for a prophylactic inspection, at an older age to pass clinical analyzes. The constant strengthening of immunity will protect the child's body from the disease during the period of mass infection.
The careful attitude towards the child will encourage parents to closely monitor any changes in the mood and well-being. Only in this way the inflammatory process in the pulmonary tissues flowing without increasing the temperature is actually detected in a timely manner.
Video on the topic: Pneumonia - Where does it come from
Authors : Drugs.com.
What is pneumonia?
Pneumonia is inflammation of light tissue. Pneumonia can be caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi or parasites. Viruses are usually the cause of pneumonia in children. Children with viral pneumonia can also develop bacterial pneumonia. Often pneumonia begins after the infection of the upper respiratory tract (nose and throat). The inflammatory process, causing the accumulation of fluid in the lungs, can lead to a breakdown. Pneumonia can also develop when a foreign body or substance, such as food or gastric acid, with breathe in the lungs.
What can increase the risk of pneumonia in a child?
- Premature birth
- Passive smoking
- Asthma or some genetic disorders such as sickle-cell anemia
- Heart defects, such as an interventricular septum defect (VSD), a defect of the intertest partition (ASD) or open arterial duct (PDA)
- Poor food
- Weak immune system
- Long stay in a crowded place, for example in kindergarten
What are the signs and symptoms of pneumonia?
Symptoms and symptoms depend on the age of your child and the reasons that caused pneumonia. Signs and symptoms of bacterial pneumonia are usually manifested faster than with viral pneumonia. Your child can have any of the following:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or breathing problems
- Breast pain when your child coughes or deep breathes
- Pain in the stomach near the ribs
- Bad appetite
- Crying more intense or longer than usual, also a child can become more irritable or fussy than usual
- Pale or bluish lips, nails on hands or legs
How to suspect that a child has a breath problem?
- The child's nostrils open wider during the inhalation.
- The skin's skin in the intercostal intervals and in the neck area is drawn with every breath.
- A child scrolls, you can hear a strong noise when he is breathing.
- Student breathing:
- More than 60 breaths in 1 minute for newborns and children under the age of 2 months
- More than 50 inhales per minute for a child from 2 to 12 months
- Over 40 breaths per minute for a child 1-5 years
- Over 20 breaths in 1 minute for a child older than 5 years
How is pneumonia diagnosed?
With the inspection of your child, the doctor for the start lies his lungs. Your child may also need any of the following:
- Chest x-ray May show the presence of an inflammatory infection process in your lungs of your child.
- Blood test It may show signs of viral or bacterial infection that caused pneumonia from your child.
- Wet analysis And its microbiological research that can identify a microorganism that caused the cause of the development of your child's disease. This study can help the doctor choose the best medicine for the treatment of infection.
- Pulse oximetry Measures the amount of oxygen in the blood of your child.
How is pneumonia treated?
If your child has severe pneumonia, the doctor will recommend to stay in the hospital for treatment. Respiratory problems, dehydration, high temperature and oxygen need are good reasons for staying in the hospital.
Antibiotics can be appointed if your child has bacterial pneumonia.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory funds (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen, help reduce swelling, pain and heat. This medicine is available without a recipe.
If your child takes medicines for blood liquefaction, always ask if the NSABS is safe for it. Always read the instructions for the medicine and follow it. Do not give these medicines to children under the age of 6 months without recommendations from your child's doctor. Acetaminophen (paracetamol) reduces pain and heat. This medicine is available without a recipe. Ask your doctor about the dose of the medicine you need to your child, and how often you need to give it. Follow the instructions. Read the instructions of all other medicines that your child uses to find out if they also contain acetaminophen, or ask a doctor or pharmacist.
An additional oxygen may be required to your child if the oxygen level in the blood is lower than that. Your child can get oxygen through the mask, bowed to his nose and mouth, or through small tubes placed in his nostrils. Before removing the mask or oxygen tube, consult your child's doctor.
How can I control the symptoms of my child?
Let your child rests and sleep as long as possible if he has increased fatigue. Rest and sleep helps the body of the child to recover faster.
Let your child drink so much fluid as your doctor recommends. Consumption of sufficient liquid will help your child get rid of sputum and will not allow the body's dehydration. Ask your doctor how much fluid should drink your child every day and what fluids are best suited for drinking. The doctor can recommend water, morse, apple juice, kissel, compote, broth.
Use the humidifier to increase the humidity of the air in your home. It can facilitate your child's breath and reduce cough.
How can I prevent lung inflammation?
Do not let anyone smoke near your child. Smoke can strengthen cough or disrupt your child's breath.
Make all the necessary vaccinations to your child. Vaccines are protected from viruses or bacteria that cause such infections such as influenza, cough and pneumonia. Vaccines from hemophilic infection and pneumococcus are available.
Observe hygiene and measures to prevent the spread of microbes. We often wash your hands, wash your hands with soap to prevent the spread of microbes. Do not allow your child to share food, drinks or dishes with others.
Keep your child away from other people who have symptoms of respiratory infection, such as sore throat or cough.
When should I immediately seek medical help?
- Your child under 3 months, and he has a heat.
- Your child has difficulty breathing or scrolls.
- Your child's lips or nails are bluish or gray.
- The skin of your child between the edges and around the neck is drawn with each breath.
- Your child has one of the following signs of dehydration:
- Crying without tears
- Dry mouth or crawled lips
- Child is more irritable or fussy than usual
- Urination is smaller than usual or completely lack
- Spring Spring on Makushka, if your child under 1 year
When should I show the doctor my child?
- Your child has a temperature of 38.9 ° C or a temperature of 38 ° C, if your child is under 6 months.
- Your child can not stop coughing.
- The child vomiting.
- You have questions or doubts about the status or care of your child.
Materials on the topic:
Published 12/11/2019 16: 52 Required 13/11 / 2019 Diseases of respiratory organs, pulmonology
Pneumonia in children - acute infectious process in the pulmonary parenchyma with the involvement of all structural and functional units of the respiratory department of the lungs in inflammation. Pneumonia in children proceeds with signs of intoxication, coughing, respiratory failure. The diagnosis of pneumonia in children is raised on the basis of a characteristic auscultation, clinical and laboratory and radiological picture. Treatment of pneumonia in children requires the appointment of antibiotic therapy, bronchodiolitics, antipyretic, expectorant, antihistamine; In the resolution stage - physiotherapy, leaf, massage.
Pneumonia in children is an acute infectious damage to the lungs, accompanied by the presence of infiltrative changes on radiographs and symptoms of damage to the lower respiratory tract. Pneumonia prevalence is 5-20 cases per 1000 children of early age and 5-6 cases per 1000 children over 3 years old. The incidence of pneumonia among children is increased annually during the seasonal epidemic of the flu. Among the various lesions of the respiratory tract in children, the proportion of pneumonia is 1-1.5%. Despite the achievements of diagnosis and pharmacotherapy, incidence indicators, complications and mortality from pneumonia among children remain steadily high. All this makes the study of pneumonia in children with a relevant issue of pediatrics and children's pulmonology.
Pneumonia in children
The etiology of pneumonia in children depends on the age and conditions of child infection. Pneumonia newborns are usually associated with intrauterine or in-hospital infection. Congenital pneumonia in children are often caused by a simple herpes virus of types 1 and 2 types, chickenpox, cytomegalovirus, chlamydia. Among the intra-sepital pathogens, the leading role belongs to streptococco groups in, golden staphylococcus, intestinal wand, Klebsiella. In premature and duplicate newborns, the etiological role of viruses - influenza, RSV, Paragrippa, Corey, etc.
In the first year of life, the prevailing pathogen of the community-acquired pneumonia is the prevailing causative agent (up to 70-80% of cases), less often - hemophilic stick, Moraxella and others. Traditional pathogens for preschool children are hemophilic wand, intestinal wand, protea, klebseyella, enterobacter, sinny wand , Golden Staphylococcus. In school children, along with typical lung inflammation, the number of atypical pneumonia caused by mycoplasma and chlamydial infection is increasing. Factors predispose to the development of pneumonia in children serve as presence, hypotrophy, immunodeficiency, stress, cooling, chronic foci of infection (caries teeth, sinusitis, tonsillitis).
In light infection penetrates mainly an aerogenic way. An intrauterine infection in combination with the aspiration of spindlewater leads to the emergence of intrauterine pneumonia. The development of aspiration pneumonia in young children may occur as a result of the micro-planning of the secret of nasopharynx, the usual aspiration of food when joins, gastroesophageal reflux, vomiting, dysphagia. Perhaps the hematogenous propagation of pathogens from extralegal foci of infection. The infection of the hospital flora often occurs when the child's tracheal aspiration and bronchoalveolar lavage, inhalation, bronchoscopy, IVL.
The "conductor" of a bacterial infection typically protrude viruses that affect the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract, which violate the barrier function of the epithelium and mulkociliary clearance, increasing mucus products that reduce local immunological protection and facilitating the penetration of pathogens into terminal bronchiols. There is an intensive reproduction of microorganisms and the development of inflammation in which the adjacent areas of pulmonary parenchyma are involved. When coughing, the infected wet is thrown into large bronchi, from where it comes to other respiratory bronchiols, caused by the formation of new inflammatory foci.
Organization of the focus of inflammation contributes to the bronchial obstruction and the formation of lung tissue hypoventilation sites. Due to the disruption of microcirculation, inflammatory infiltration and interstitial edema, the perfusion of gases is disturbed, hypoxemia, respiratory acidosis and hypercupnia develop, which is clinically expressed by signs of respiratory failure.
In the classification used in clinical practice, the conditions of infection are taken into account, X-rayorphological signs of various forms of pneumonia in children, heaviness, duration, etiology of the disease, etc.
According to the conditions in which the child's infection occurred, extradition is extracted by community (home), internal hospitals (hospital) and congenital (intrauterine) pneumonia in children. Common-hospital pneumonia is developing at home, outside the medical institution, mainly as complication of ARVI. Pneumonia, which arose 72 hours after the hospitalization of the child and within 72 hours after its discharge, is considered to be atmospitable. Hospital pneumonia in children have the most severe current and outcome, since the Nargenic Flora is often developing resistance to most antibiotics. A separate group is congenital pneumonia developing in children with immunodeficiency in the first 72 hours after birth and neonatal pneumonia in children of the first month of life.
Taking into account the x-rayorrhological signs of pneumonia in children may be:
- Focal (focal-drain) - with foci of infiltration with a diameter of 0.5-1 cm, located in one or several segments of the lung, sometimes bilateral. The inflammation of the pulmonary tissue is catarp with education in the alveoli of the serous exudate. At focal-drain form, the merging of certain sections of infiltration with the formation of a large focus is often occupied by a whole share.
- Segmental - with the involvement in the inflammation of the whole segment of the lung and its atelectasis. Segmentary defeat often flows in the form of a protracted pneumonia in children, outcome in pulmonary fibrosis or deforming bronchitis.
- Bomboy - with hypergergic inflammation, passing the stage of tide, red oven, gray compensation and permission. The inflammatory process has a lobar or sublock localization with the involvement of pleura (pleuropneumonia).
- Interstitial - with infiltration and proliferation of interstitial (connective) fabric of light focal or diffuse character. Interstitial pneumonia in children is usually caused by pneumatic, viruses, mushrooms.
By severity of the flow distinguishes uncomplicated and complicated forms of pneumonia in children. In the latter case, the development of respiratory failure, pulmonary edema, pleurite, destruction of pulmonary parenchyma (abscess, lung gangrenes), extrapulmonal septic foci, cardiovascular disorders, etc.
Pneumonia in children can be sharp or protracted. Acute pneumonia is permitted within 4-6 weeks; When tightening pneumonia, clinical radiographic signs of inflammation persist more than 1.5 months. Ethiologists are distinguished by viral, bacterial, fungal, parasitic, mycoplasma, chlamydial, mixed form of pneumonia in children.
Symptoms of pneumonia in children
The challenge of focal pneumonia in children is usually evolving on the 5-7th day of ARVI. The general infectious symptomatics is characterized by a febrile body temperature (> 38 ° C), signs of intoxication (lethargy, impaired sleep, the poverty of the skin, appetite disorder; in infants - jerking and vomiting). Respiratory symptoms of pneumonia in the child include cough (wet or dry), shortness of breath, perioreral cyanosis; Sometimes - participation in the respiration of the auxiliary muscles, the intestinal retraction. The course of focal and drain pneumonia in children is always more severe; Often with respiratory failure, toxic syndrome, the development of pleurite or destruction of the pulmonary fabric.
Segmental pneumonia in children proceed with fever, intoxication and respiratory failure of varying degrees of severity. The recovery process can be tightened to 2-3 months. In the future, segmental fibroidelectas or bronchiectase can be formed at the site of inflammation.
Children's pneumonia clinic is distinguished by a rapid beginning, high fever with chills, pain when coughing and breathing in the chest, the coupling of "rusty" sputum, pronounced respiratory failure. Often, with pneumonia, children develop abdominal syndrome with vomiting, abdominal pains with symptoms of peritonean irritation.
Interstitial pneumonia in children is characterized by the predominance of symptoms of increasing respiratory failure: shortness of breath, cyanosis, painful cough with scarlet wet, breathing; Often - signs of destroying heart failure.
Among the complications of pneumonia occurring in children - infectious-toxic shock, pulmonary tissue abscesses, pleurisy, emphasis of pleura, pneumothorax, cardiovascular insufficiency, respiratory distress syndrome, polyorgan deficiency, DVS syndrome.
The basis of the clinical diagnosis of pneumonia in children is general symptoms, auscultative changes in lungs and radiological data. With a physical examination of the child, the shortening of the percussion sound is determined, the impaired breathing, fine-tube or creating wheezing. The "gold standard" detection of pneumonia in children remains low x-ray, allowing to detect infiltrative or interstitial inflammatory changes.
Etiological diagnostics includes virological and bacteriological surgery of mucus from the nose and zea, buckpostess of sputum; ELISA and PCR methods for identifying intracellular causative agents.
The hemogram reflects changes in inflammatory nature (neutrophilic leukocytosis, an increase in ESO). Children with severe pneumonia need to study biochemical blood indicators (hepatic enzymes, electrolytes, creatinine and urea, braid), pulsoxymetry.
Pneumonia in children need to be distinguished from ARVI, acute bronchitis, bronchipolitis, tuberculosis, fibergation. In typical cases, the diagnosis of pneumonia in children is carried out by a precinct pediatrician; In doubtful situations, the child requires consultation of a children's pulmonologist or a phthisiatra, conducting CT lungs, fibrobronchoscopy, etc.
Treatment of pneumonia in children
The grounds for hospitalization of a child sick pneumonia are: age up to 3 years, involvement in the inflammation of two or more lungs, severe breathing failure, pleurisy, severe encephalopathy, hypotrophy, congenital heart and vessels, chronic lung pathology (bronchial asthma, Bronchildren dysplasia, etc.), kidneys (glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis), immunodeficiency states. In the feverish period, the child is shown bed mode, rational food and drinking load.
The main method of treating pneumonia in children is empirical, and then etiotropic antibacterial therapy, for which beta lactams (amoxicillin + clavulanic acid, etc.), cephalosporins (cefuroxime, cefhamandol), macrolides (MIDEKAMICIN, Azithromycin, Clarithromycin), fluoroquinolones ( CIPROFLOXACIN, OFLOXACIN), imipements (imipenem), etc. In case of therapy inefficiency for 36-48 hours, the starting antibiotic is replaced with a drug from another group.
Symptomatic and pathogenetic therapy of pneumonia in children includes the appointment of antipyretic, musolitic, bronchological, antihistamine effects. After feverhood, physical examination is shown: microwave, inductothermia, electrophoresis, inhalation, chest massage, percussion massage, leaf.
Prediction and prevention
With timely recognition and treatment of the outcome of pneumonia in children are favorable. An unfavorable forecast has pneumonia caused by high-voluminous flora complicated by purulent-destructive processes; leaking against the background of severe somatic diseases, immunodeficiency states. The protracted flow of pneumonia in early children is fraught with the formation of chronic bronchopulmonary diseases.
The prevention of pneumonia in children is to organize a good care for a child, his hardening, warning of the ARVI, the treatment of ENT pathology, vaccination against influenza, pneumococcal infection, hemophilic infection. All children who have suffered pneumonia are subject to dispensary accounting in a pediatrician for 1 year with a chest control radiography, an oac, a child's inspection by a children's pulmonologist, a children's immunologist and a children's otolaryngologist.
Pneumonia refers to the first ten dangerous diseases leading to death. Inflammation of the lungs in newborns is particularly hard and dangerous, because the faster children's immunity can not cope with this ailment. Pneumonia is inflammation of the pulmonary fabric. Often it is infectious. At the same time, the degree of lesion and the size of the affected lung plot are important - it can be small foci, whole lobes or everything is easy.
Inflammation of the lungs in infants often flows in medium or severe form. Such a feature is due to the weakness of the body's immune system.
The most dangerous is the child's age of up to 5 years, children, crossing this threshold, are easier to endure the disease. Prior to the occurrence of critical age, the likelihood of death (up to 40%) from pneumonia in newborns, despite the universal spread of antibiotics. In the first year of life, pneumonia in a breast child happens more often from 3 months to 9 months.
Causes of the disease
Penalia in infants is developing under the influence of the growth of pathogenic microflora in the body of the infant. The reasons for pneumonia in newborns are infectious, it is caused by several pathogens:
- staphylococcal, streptococcus, pneumococcal;
- Mushrooms Candida;
- herpes virus or cytomegalovirus;
- Mycoplasma and chlamydia;
- Intestinal or hemophilic wand.
Before you diagnose and assign treatment, you need to figure out the method of infection:
- An intrauterine infection appears as a result of severe pregnancy. Infection occurs through the placenta. At the same time it is necessary to estimate the time interval from the infection of the fetus to childbirth. What he is more, the more difficult the treatment of pneumonia in a newborn baby. In this case, the first symptoms of pneumonia in infants are visible immediately;
- Passage through infected paths at the moment of birth - in this case, the symptoms of pneumonia in the infants appear in 2-3 days. Conducting cesarean section does not guarantee the impossibility of infection;
- In the first days of his life.
The reasons for pneumonia in newborns are divided into the following groups:
- External - viruses and bacteria that have fallen into the respiratory tract after birth, unfavorable living conditions, supercooling or overheating;
- Generic injuries - choking, getting into the respiratory system;
- Defects of intrauterine development - causticity, underdevelopment of any organs or tissues;
- Incorrect treatment of respiratory diseases that led to complications.
Signs of pneumonia in a newborn:
- Increased body temperature. Two variants of the course of the disease are possible: a very high temperature that cannot be reduced, or a temperature at 37.5 ° C, holding a long time;
- Dry cough can be attacks to torment the baby either to hold over 7 days;
- Heavy breathing with signs of shortness - it is impossible to take a deep breath due to the presence of pain in the chest;
- The pallor of the skin is a shine nasolabile triangle or a blue-hearth hue of the skin on the body of the kid;
- Behavioral features - lethargy and weakness, long and frequent sleep or its absence, whim, loss of appetite and painful thirst.
When inflammation of the lungs in infants, the symptoms do not always have pronounced features, quite often the first moments of the development of the disease occur asymptomatic. If the reason for the inflammation of the lungs in the newborn lies in causticity, this ensures the flow of disease in severe.
With pneumonia, newborn is especially important correctly and quickly diagnosed, which will avoid severe consequences after pneumonia in newborns.
Appeal to the doctor
With the slightest suspicions of the pneumonia, you need to contact the pediatrician to share your observations. The presence of signs of pneumonia in newborns is an indication for hospitalization in the hospital. Because to carry out a full examination and deliver competent and operational diagnosis is possible only in the hospital.
The treatment of pneumonia in infants is carried out only in the 24-hour hospital under the constant supervision of doctors. In the hospital, the child is with his mother.
In JSC "Medicine" (Clinic Academician of the Roytberg), highly qualified pediatricians with experience of over 15 years are carried out. Here, child health belongs to both the most important mission, so the reception is carried out by the doctors of the highest category. They know almost all about children's health and the specifics of diseases in children. Our clinic is located in the very center of Moscow.
The correct diagnosis of inflammation of the lungs in newborns can only hold a doctor.
The diagnosis of pneumonia in infants is made by the following methods:
- inspection of mucous membranes and skin, measuring the body temperature;
- listening to the lungs for the purpose of harsh and stiffness of breathing;
- general blood test for an increase in EP and leukocytes indicators indicating inflammation;
- Biochemistry of blood is carried out to determine the pathogen;
- Sowing sputum is carried out to determine the sensitivity of the causative agent to medicines;
- Radiography shows the inflamed areas and the degree of their defeat.
Several classification signs of pneumonia have a breast child:
- According to the causative agents of the disease, viral, fungal and bacterial pneumonia, which requires treatment with antibiotics;
- According to the degree of lesion of tissues in the lungs, focal (small areas), total (one piece of light) and two-sided (both lungs are immediately), while the process from focal to bilateral develops very quickly;
- According to the method of infection, the intrauterine, acquired, aspiration (ingress of accumulating waters in the breathing system of the child) and the generic (passing of infected tributes).
The type of disease is determined to select the appropriate treatment.
Principles of treatment
When diagnosing pneumonia, the newborn treatment should begin as soon as possible. From how quickly starting treatment, the forecast of recovery depends directly. Therapy of lung pneumonia in newborns is comprehensive and includes the following activities:
- The reception of antibiotics - for the first case, the preparation of a wide range of action is prescribed, after receiving the results of the blood biochemistry, the antibiotic can be replaced by another. Intramuscular administration of the medicinal product is more efficient. The lack of relief after 2 days speaks of the wrong choice of an antibiotic. For infants, preference is given to the preparations of the penicillin group. However, it is worth noting that the infection of pneumonia in the conditions of the hospital is the most difficult to treat because of the extreme stability of the pathogen to drugs;
- reception of drugs aimed at restoring intestinal microflora in order to prevent the development of dysbiosis;
- Immunomodulators and vitamin complexes are prescribed as supporting drugs after basic treatment;
- intravenous injections of the saline are prescribed with severe forms of the disease to reduce the intriccy of the body;
- Mukolitiki to improve sputum removal;
- The antipyretic drugs practically do not bring relief, are accepted to keep the height of body temperature;
- Chest massage with a vibration method for better wet death;
- Physiotherapy is mainly represented by inhalations, begins to be applied after removing the acute form of the disease;
- In cases of severe disease, hormonal drugs may be prescribed;
- When oxygen starvation, the use of an oxygen mask is recommended.
Treatment of inflammation of the lungs in the kid by people and recipes is unacceptable. In the treatment, it is important to fully carefully and round the clock for a small patient, as often as possible, avoid overheating and supercooling. On average, the treatment lasts 10-15 days.
Pneumococcus is the most common pathogen of pneumonia, therefore vaccination appears as prophylaxis. It is held in 2, 4 and 6 months with subsequent revaccination in a year and a half. Vaccination on gives one hundred percent guarantee of the absence of inflammation of the lungs in the child, but it allows you to proceed a disease in a slight form. Along the way, the pneumococcal vaccine protects the baby from bacterial otitis, meningitis, tonsillitis. From the remaining bacterial and viral causative agents of the first year of life, they are also vaccinated.
Other measures for the prevention of inflammation of the lungs among babies:
- avoid influenza and other respiratory diseases of viral nature throughout the first year of life;
- try to keep lactation for breast kids at least up to 1 year;
- walks in the open air;
- The hygiene of the room in which the child lives, daily ventilation and regular wet cleaning helps maintain the optimal temperature and air humidity;
- Timely and complete treatment of a cold and cough in a child, as well as regular visits to the pediatrician;
- The observation of a pregnant woman in female consultation minimizes the risk of developing intrauterine pneumonia;
- Careful care to the baby, sick ORVI, abundant warm drink, peace and adequate therapy.
Parents are able to protect their child from the disease of pneumonia at the breast, being at home.
The consequences of pneumonia in newborns are quite serious, since the lack of operational treatment leads to a fatal outcome. With the current level of development of medicine, the percentage of child mortality from lung inflammation is 40%. In the presence of timely treatment of pneumonia, the newborn prognosis is favorable.
The consequences after pneumonia in newborns are almost always expressed in residual phenomena and pathologies. Among the complications from the inflammation of the lungs in the kids allocate the following:
- prolonged tightening cough;
- Meningitis is due to the presence of a pathogen of pneumococcus;
- Purrites develops from damage to the pleura;
- Sepsis of the lungs;
- Chronic pneumonia is a subtycale form of the disease, in which each cold illness will lead to inflammation of the lungs;
- Freak of lung;
- Bronchopulmonary dislosion develops in viable children;
- polyorgan deficiency;
- Neurological defects are manifested in the case of suffocation (asphyxia).
With pneumonia, the newborn consequences in the form of complications are more often appearing in cases of late treatment, child's causticity or its weakness.
Remember, any disease is easier to prevent or begin to treat in time, than to fight complications.
How to sign up for a doctor
To invoke a pediatrician to a house or make an appointment, you need to contact the clinic. You can enroll through the online form on the site, by phone +7 (495) 995-00-33 or with a personal visit to the clinic at the address: Moscow, 2nd Tverskaya-Yamskaya Pereulok, d.10, Metro Station Mayakovskaya. In addition, the clinic has a 24-hour hospital and ambulance.
20 Oct 2020.
In modern society
Anorexia has become one of the global problems among adolescents, especially
Among girls. According to experts, a light form of disorder has ...
15 Apr 2020.
2020 was marked by a pandemic of the new Coronavirus SARS-COV-2. He began his march on the planet from the fish market in the Chinese city of Wuhan at the end of November 2019, covered in several ...
13 Mar 2020.
Inflammation flowing in the small intestine is called enteriti in children.
12 Mar 2020.
Glaucoma in children is a whole group of diseases of the eye, the characteristic features of which are an increase in intraocular pressure and impacts, developing on the background of this ...
November 07, 2019.
Pneumonia is an infectious disease that can affect the body of any child.
- It is caused by fast-speaking microorganisms, so it is important to immediately sign up for a reception to a pediatrician, which, given the first manifesive signs of pneumonia, will assign tests and will begin therapy.
- Children of different ages suffer from pneumonia caused by different pathogens.
- Disease of newborns, infants and preschoolers for the most part provoked by pneumococci.
- Children breathed over a year with the help of a diaphragm movement, which affects the state of the gastrointestinal tract. Therefore, when it works incorrectly, it occurs stagnation in the lungs, provoking the growth of microbes causing pneumonia.
- Children who are 2-4 years old often sick pneumonia due to weak immunity and narrow respiratory moves.
Schoolchildren have 7-10 years old, pneumonia is often diagnosed, the signs of which allow you to detect a developed mycoplasma infection.
- Pneumonia in senior adolescents predominantly cause chlamydia.
- Based on what signs of pneumonia in children defines a specialist, such a variety varieties are diagnosed:
- focal - the individual plots of light up to 1 cm are affected;
- Drain - foci merge;
- segmental - the whole segment suffers;
- Bruboral - the whole share of the lung is amazed;
Left-sided - the kids are treated harder than the right side, because on the left of the respiratory tract less wide, rather than on the right;
Each of the specified species has its own clinical picture and is distinguished by the degree of severity. Medical Center Medical Center specialists successfully cure all the varieties of pneumonia in children.
To quickly diagnose pneumonia, the signs of which manifested themselves, use the service center "Pediatrician Consultation".
- Pneumonia: Basic Signs
- It is necessary to be able to determine what signs of pneumonia in children are manifested first. Install the diagnosis of the work of the doctor, but you need not to slow down with a visit to the pediatrician. These are the signs of pneumonia, alarming and demand attention to:
- The child 5-7 days strongly coughs.
- The temperature rises, which can hardly be confused for a short time.
- Cold longer than 7 days.
Sharp deterioration in well-being.
These symptoms are common to famous varieties of lung inflammation. To accurately determine the causative agent of the ailment, as well as all signs of pneumonia in children in only the medical center after all necessary research.
The first signs of pneumonia in a newborn baby
- The first signs of pneumonia in the kid are determined by behavior: the child is too sluggish, heavily capricious, refuses to eat, the temperature rises. These signs of pneumonia in infants are the first signal: you need to urgently turn to the pediatrician.
- Pulmonters allocate the following signs of pneumonia in a newborn:
- The patient's patient of the first year of life, the temperature is often low: from 37.1 to 37.5º.
- Troubled, short sleep baby.
- Cough attacks.
- Painful breathing.
- Bright signs of pneumonia in infants: nodding head with breath, shortness of breath.
- Student breathing: Norma up to 2 months to 50 breaths / min., Up to 1 year 25-40 breaths / min., 2 years-4 years to 40 breaths / min.
- Skin pulling from the focus of lung damage.
Hyperemia or sinusia in the spacing area and lips.
Another of the first signs of pneumonia in a child: the absence of appetite, vomiting, swelling.
Noting the newborn first signs of pneumonia, contact the doctor immediately.
- Signs of pneumonia in older children
- Parents easier to identify signs of pneumonia in a child with age 2-4 years. Pulmonologs and pediatricians argue that signs of pneumonia in a child of 2 years and and older are similar:
- heat to 40º C;
- weakness, pallor;
- hurts tummy;
A painful cough, often with blood.