Breast milk is the best nutrition for kids of the first year of life and even older. It has a composition that cannot be repeated in industrial environments. In addition, the breastfeeding process itself is close emotional contact between mom and baby.
Unfortunately, not all kids get the opportunity to enjoy breast milk. They are transferred to feeding with artificial mixtures. This process is not always justified: Mom herself begins to register the baby with a mixture due to non-existent hypoglactics. After a while, some mothers begin to dream about feeding their children to breasts again. Is it possible? Medaboutme has prepared useful tips for those who want to bring back breastfeeding.
Where is the milk?
The translation of the child to artificial feeding is due to the various circumstances. Most frequent of them:
- Mother or taking drugs that are incompatible with breastfeeding;
- The birth of a premature child, who was located separately for a long time;
- Diseases of children, both congenital and those that appeared during the first months of life;
- Mother's yield to study (for session), to work, departure for important matters;
- Problems of psychological nature, due to which milk "disappeared";
- The opinion of mother and other relatives that the baby is starving on breastfeeding;
- Personal reluctance to feed the child with breasts and others.
Well, if a woman realizes in advance that the translation of a child to artificial feeding is a temporary measure. Then she can prepare for this period and survive it without much losses. In particular, it is quite realistic initially not to teach the child to the nipple and regularly decreased to maintain lactation. But it happens not always.
Is it possible to restore lactation?
There are a lot of women in the world, who for different reasons were interrupted or lactation dropped sharply. But those who were able to bring back breast milk to their baby, much less. Why is that? First, many women do not even know that relactation (restoration of the normal amount of breast milk) is a reality. Secondly, young mothers do not often find those who are ready to support them in this matter. Thirdly, they simply do not know where to start to not harm the baby and achieve the desired.
In most cases, the lactation can be returned even a few months after its termination, even if not in full. Although it is a matter of time and technology. It is advisable not to engage in amateur in case, especially if the mother feeds the breast for the first time. A good mentor in the form of a competent doctor or a breastfeeding consultant will necessarily make a program to restore lactation and give valuable advice.
Depending on how much time has passed since the cessation of lactation and what were the reason for this reason, the time of relatation and its nuances may differ. But general principles for the restoration of a sufficient amount of breast milk exist. About this below.
Mom and baby - one whole
An important component of the relatation process is the psychological unity of mom and baby. It was broken during the transfer of a child to artificial feeding. This could affect separation from the mother, the disease, child feeding by other persons, rare wearing on hand and other factors.
Therefore, the first step towards restoring lactation is the restoration of close contact with the crumb. What can you do for this?
- Frequent wearing a child in hand (can be in a sling). The kid thus "remembers" his intrauterine life when mom was always there.
- Practice of shared sleep in the day and night: The baby hears his mother's breath and heartbeat, inhales the native smell, hears a tender voice.
- Regular applying to the chest, including at night.
Frequent applying to the chest
Frequent attachment of the child to the chest are the best stimulus for the production of prolactin, which is responsible for lactation. What does frequent? Not less than 12 times a day, and better more often. We must not forget about night applies. At this time of milk produced more.
It happens not so easy to give your chest to a child who forgot this process, or if it did not applied to the chest earlier for any reason. What can help the baby?
- Positive mood mom. After all, nervousness, federation and poor mood are transmitted from mom to the child and do not contribute to the establishment of contact between them.
- To offer the breast to a child according to his slightest anxiety, even if he does not ask her (once every 1.5-2 hours). Follow the right seizure of the baby's chest. Do not forget to alternate the dairy glands.
- Remove nipples and pacifiers. There are several ways to give a child a mixture without using a nipple: with the help of minzur, syringe, spoons. Special soft spoons for feeding, which are connected to a mixture reservoir (s). Easy pressing on the tank fills the spoon with power. This allows you to feed the baby faster and without unnecessary loss of the mixture. An example of such a device is a soft spoon (mine) from the silicone of the company Medela (the price of 1500 rubles).
- It is important to offer breasts to the baby before the mixture is given and after it. That is, starting and ending the feeding process will be near the mother's chest.
In addition to the frequent applying, the breast may require additional chanting of the mammary glands. Especially if the crumb takes the chest is not actively actively and sucks it. It is necessary to join after applying a baby to the chest. It is important to learn how to do it correctly, since mistakes when plotting often lead to damage to the Milky Duks and, as a result, to lactostasis.
Even if it seems when it seems that milk is not at all, it is not a reason to stop this event. Breast stimulation is important to generate the necessary hormones. Stirling can be both manual and hardware (with the help of breasts). The breasts are manual and electric. The doctor or an infection consultant will help to determine their choice.
Ability to overcome nature
One of the main problems when using a bottle and nipples to give a child a dairy mixture is addictive to the nipple. The mechanism of its sucking differs from such from the chest, and many children choose the nipple. How in the process of restoring lactation to teach a child back to the chest?
Medela developed a special device, which is called an additional feeding system (approximate value of 2000 rubles). A few people know about his existence, although the principle of operation of the device is pretty interesting. This system is a reservoir (for a mixture or enclosed milk), which hangs mother on the chest. From the tank down, two tubes stretch, which are attached by a special plaster to the skin in the nipple area.
Singing to the chest, the child captures the end of this tube, and additional nutrition begins to it. That is, the baby will not only feed, but also learns to suck the chest, and stimulates lactation. Over time, the need to use this system will disappear.
We would very much wanted to hear the opinion of the moms about this device: how did you find out about him, whether it helped you when restoring lactation, what difficulties were. Share your experience on our forum.
Control over the results
Gradually, as lactation increases, the milk mixture fails. Someone this period takes 3-4 days, someone has several weeks. What are there any ways to understand that the baby does not starve?
- It urins enough (at least 7 times a day). For the counting of urination will have to temporarily remove the diaper.
- The child arrives enough in weight. No need to weigh the baby every day. Weighing every 7-10 days usually grabs to assess the picture of what is happening. For weighing, it is not necessary to often go to the clinic. You can take children's scales at home.
- It is necessary to write every day how much the baby gets the baby during the day. Ideally, its quantity should gradually decrease. It is not easy to decide on such a step, how to abandon the mixture at all. But everything should come to this.
In some situations, such relatation activities are insufficient, as frequent applying to breast and complaining. Requires special medicines to increase the amount of breast milk. Only a doctor can assign them. This is another argument in favor of the fact that it is not necessary to make hasty decisions on your own.
In the difficult process of restoring lactation, it is very important to enlist the support of loved ones: husband, moms, mother-in-law, girlfriends. But they are not always divided by the feasibility of conceived. Those who are an explicit opponent of "delusional" relatation ideas, it is better not to devote into the details of what is happening, but to please the joyful results upon completion of the process.
Even the plot pediatrician does not always become an ally of the mother. This happens because of the great workload of the doctor or due to the lack of experience in such events. In this case, it is worth contacting breastfeeding consultants, which are in most major cities. Some are volunteers and help young mothers for free. Others work on a commercial basis. Calling a consultant to the house in Moscow will cost approximately 2,000 to 5,000 rubles. At first glance, the amount is rather big. But it is much smaller than the costs of dairy mixes that you have to buy constantly.
Another win-win version is to contact the specialists of Akse (Association of Consultants on Natural Freshing). This is a website where you can learn a lot of useful information about breastfeeding, chat with experts, to share breastfeeding experience with other mothers.
Full translation of the baby on breastfeeding is the best way to develop events. But even partial restoration of lactation and mixed feeding is also the result.
It happens that the child does not take the breast, despite all the mother's efforts to teach it this (for example, with some neurological problems). Or sucking the chest is contraindicated due to certain diseases of the crumbs, as it is for it a strong load (for example, with severe heart defects). Exit from the situation is the relatation and feeding of the child with a bottle milk from a bottle.
All mother-to-restoration efforts will not pass in vain. Strong hugs of the kid, his smile and good achievements in development will be her award for the works.
Many pediatricians advise just to establish a diet of a young mother, apply the baby more often to the chest, and the problem will be resolved by itself. But in some cases, frequent feedings are not enough. It is necessary to determine what prevents full feeding - the external causes or shortage of milk.
Among the first difficulties that young mothers face are, the inability of the newborn is fully sucking. Within a few days after childbirth, it is sometimes useful to condense a little bit from the volume of milk before feeding.
This will help to avoid inflammatory processes from the mother and will make further nutrition of the child easier, as the breast will be softer, and the milk will move faster in drives, falling into her mouth.
In order for the baby's digestion formed correctly, try not to move onto the mixture, but to keep natural feeding.
If there is a need to feed the baby from the bottle of breast milk, you need to do it only necessarily from the elastic nipple so that the sucking reflexes are preserved. If you decide to use a pacifier, it should be of sufficiently dense material so that the child improves its sucking reflexes.
Rules for a nursing mother
To provide a newborn with a sufficient amount of maternal milk, nursing and a woman needs to adhere to the main nutritional powers at home.
- 1. Exclude the following products from the diet:
- alcoholic and carbonated drinks;
- coffee and strong tea;
- chocolate products;
- any canned food;
- meat or fish without special thermal processing - sushi, taranne, dried meat, kebabs;
- Seafood - shrimp, mussels, crabs;
- nonpasteurized milk, solid cheese, sour cream;
- mayonnaise and sauces with seasoning;
Cooked screwed eggs.
- 2. Use milk-enriching milk with vitamins and microelements of dishes that stimulate its working. These include:
- buckwheat or oatmeal with fruit;
- Raw and boiled vegetables - onions, radish, carrots, pumpkin (with raw it is necessary to be careful if the baby has problems with the tummy, it is better to completely go to thermally processed);
- Nuts - cedar, walnuts and almonds; Some experts recommend that there are only a few nuclei on the day of one type of nuts, if the baby has no allergic reactions;
- Products of vital activity bees - honey, uterine milk, if the baby has no allergic manifestations;
- black currant;
Walnut milk - 2 tbsp. l. Walnut pour boiling milk in the thermos, take 1 tbsp. l. Several times a day and follow the reaction of the baby.
- 3. Adhere to drinking mode. Drinking per day requires at least one and a half liters of liquid. At the same time, dairy soups or drinks are considered a meal, and not drink. Lacuit enhance individual shepherd of herbs or juices:
- green tea;
- Fresh juices (however, it is not necessary to get involved);
- Compote from dried fruits, can be made of fresh fruits;
- Black currants, blueberries;
- Herbal teas - from Anisa, Tmina, souls, dill, fennel, vocabulary, nettle;
Drink recommend to consume in warm form about half an hour before feeding the child. If such a number of liquid is difficult to drink, then you need to drink more than the usual just one cup. This will be enough to increase lactation. If some products have not previously been familiar to you, enter them into the diet one by one to avoid your reaction or possible kid allergies.
Additional lactation stimulation
Sometimes one special diet is not enough to increase the amount of milk. If the situation with insufficient lactation continues, begin to decrease. The body will gradually get used to the fact that more milk is required. To gradually increase the production of milk, we advise it to join 30 minutes after each feeding.
If the child is gaining weightless and sucks little, it is necessary to help him. Try to feed it more often.
If the baby falls asleep at his chest, wake him up, having fun for the cheek. With sluggish sucking, press on the chest towards the pacifier, as if shrinking the milk to the baby in the mouth. If the milk goes with great pressure during complaining, then the child does not make enough effort for sucking. Continue to join, but feed the baby on demand. This will lead to the fact that every time he will independently suck more and more of a sufficiently soft breast.
Ensure skin contact
Most experts believe that the attachment of the child to the chest on the first requirement is the key to healthy growth in breastfeeding. Very important applying to the chest at night. At night, the female organism produces prolactin, and it is at this time that it needs to be stimulated.
Psychologists offer another way to increase lactation - "nesting method" when the child sleeps near the mother's breast. If nothing prevents your mother with the baby to be in contact and comfort, then lactation volumes will come back to normal.
Full holiday and calm
- Stresses and experiences also reduce milk production. If you avoid negative situations and enjoy the feeding process, then everything will work out. If it is pleasant to spend time, then adrenaline leaves and increases the content in the blood of the hormone prolactin. Visual stimulation brings calm and peace. This will help:
- Walking with a carriage on the shore of the lake or river;
- calm forest sounds;
Pleasant music you listen at home.
Quite often, the postpartum depression does not occur immediately, but for about the second month after childbirth. The mother may have psychological fatigue, and breast milk will be produced worse. Try to rest fully rest and share experiences with loved ones so that these states do not last long.
Sometimes the child is gaining weight, but the mother seems that the amount of the breast has decreased and the milk has become less. This is fraudulent feelings, because only at the very beginning of breastfeeding milk is produced to feedings, and with the adulthies, the baby is during them. There is no reason for experiences.
Important for the female body is rest. Since lactating mothers have a large load, sleep should be full.
Perform only the most necessary home affairs. Invite a relative or assistant who will make the rest for you. Outcasting exercises or yoga respiratory facilities will allow maintaining psychological stability.
Water is not only the component of our organism, she is also our indispensable assistant. During the daily soul with smooth movements of the jet of water clockwise massaging the chest. Send a jet on the collar zone and the blades area - there are many reflexogenic zones that it is important to stimulate.
Breast milk is made of blood and lymph. Easy massage will help to improve blood circulation (but you need to put a masseur that you feed the child). To increase lactation, it is recommended to independently massage with smooth movements of the mammary glands, not touching the area of the nipple and the arolam. The procedure will help relax and avoid stagnant phenomena.
Gymnastics for breast
- To keep the shape of the chest and enhance blood circulation, do exercises:
- Straightened hands spread to the sides, get in front of them in front of them and turn again. With each approach, raise your hands above - until weaves over your head. Slowly lower.
- Bending on the elbows hands lift to the chest level, connect the palms. Press the palms to each other with the effort, then relax.
Get folded in the castle of a hand for head. Return your head back, pressing the back of the folded hands. ,If the question is how to increase the lactation
It remains unresolved, it is necessary to resort to drugs.
Temporary assistants from a pharmacy
- If neither nutrition nor other stimulating actions lead to an increase in milk generated, you can try to start this process with some pharmacy preparations.
- Raising tea lactation. If you read the composition, you will find there only those herbs that are already familiar to you. From these herbs, in the future you can prepare tea for the baby, but their content will be slightly lower.
- Bades based on the grasses stimulating lactation, and uterine milk bees.
- Vitamins for nursing mothers.
Homeopathic agents. Their main purpose is to reduce the level of stress that interferes with prolactin production.
Any drug can cause a side effect. Therefore, pre-consult a pediatrician whether the baby is rather gaining weight, and you will understand whether you need additional stimulation.
- Folk medicine advises from familiar components that have already been previously called for diet, prepare the following compositions:
- Cmina with sour cream - 1 tsp. Tin fruits crushed, pour into a glass sour cream, boil for three minutes. Tool Use three times a day across the tablespoon.
Infusion of herbs - 2 tbsp. l. Fruits of dill, souls, Anisa pour into a bowl, add 200 ml of boiling water. Insist for 30 minutes. Take the tool costs 2-3 times a day on the tablespoon.
All difficulties you can overcome. The desire to give the child maternal warmth and care will help to establish breastfeeding. Do not hurry to go to the mixture, because the child's digestive system is now being formed and needs maternal milk. If you do not understand yourself, contact your breastfeeding consultants. We wish your baby grow healthy!
Photo: Depositphotos, Rexels
Breastfeeding is work. Sometimes heavy enough. Someone with pleasure remembers moments of joy and complete unity with the child, and for someone every attachment of the baby to the chest - torture. It is good when the feeding process is established by itself (and there are many such cases). But very often, mom has to join the real battle for milk. After all, breastfeeding is primarily the health of the child. Therefore, many moms are ready to compete for establishing this process. One of the most common problems is a shortage of milk. But the real shortage of milk is rare phenomenon, and most often increase the lactation is quite real. This is how to defeat the mildness with breastfeeding, and let's talk in this article.
Very often young mothers, especially the primordars, find the problem where it is not. Before diagnosing a shortage of milk, you need to make sure that you do not inflate your problem.
Imaginary signs of lack of breast milk
There are a number of delusions, relying on which nursing mothers make conclusions that milk disappears:
The child does not withstand strict intervals between feeding and asks it more often than after 3 hours - it is necessary to take into account the individual features of children, someone simply cannot eat less than a schedule, someone ate less (for example, it was sleepy, capricious and t . d.), the child is in the period of rapid growth and he needs more milk, so he asks for more often, etc.;
Reducing or increasing feeding time - children suck chest at different speeds: there are small ladches that make and stretch feeding time, and there are quite business citizens who are stacked in 10 minutes;
Little breast - never breast size does not affect the amount and quality of milk;
Milk ceased to leak - with normal operation of muscles responsible for the disclosure of channels in the nipple, the leakage of milk disappears with the establishment of the lactation mode;
The feeling of empty breast - a feeling of chest fullness occurs at the beginning of breastfeeding due to swelling. Later, when lactation gets up, swelling pass and the arrival of milk is not felt, the mother seems to be a little milk in the breast. In women who gave birth to the second, third and subsequent children, this feeling comes earlier than at the forekry.
All these signs do not say that milk is missing, it is necessary to navigate first of all for a child - he eats or not.
All these signs do not say that milk is missing, it is necessary to navigate first of all for a child - he eats or not.
How to determine the shortage of breast milk
The conclusions that the nursing mother has little milk, you need to do only by performing the necessary measurements, but without relying on the opinion of moms, grandmothers, mother-in-law and girlfriends with neighbors. There is at least two reliable ways to find out whether there is a reason for concern:
Weighing - the child must recruit no less than 500 g and at least 120 g per week.
Test for wet diapers: For a day you need to abandon the diapers in order to accurately calculate the amount of urination - there must be no less than 8-10 per day.
If the indicators are less - we can say that there is little milk with breastfeeding.
In addition, the shortage of milk can be said if the kid during feeding begins to worry and cry, and at the end of feeding begins to be stuck with legs. "Hungry crying" lasts 5-7 seconds, then it turns around and after it turns into continuous. During crying, the kid widely opens his mouth.
Causes of lack of breast milk
If mom accurately found that the baby does not eat, you need to find out the reason for the shortage of milk. If the problem is not related to pathology or illness, we are talking about a lactation crisis. The lactation crisis is a temporary shortage of milk. Usually it lasts from 3 days to 2 weeks.
Incorrecting breastfeeding organization - Mom incorrectly feeds the baby: for example, shifts to another breast, without devastating the first, makes big breaks in feeding, uses a bevel, often feeds from a bottle with a nipple. If you correctly establish breastfeeding, then, most likely, milk will begin to arrive in the required quantity;
The wrong organization of nutrition of a nursing mother - maybe it lacks fluid in the diet, you should carefully approach the choice of dishes and products. An increase in the share of soups and drinks will help to establish lactation;
Stress, physical exertion, fatigue and nervous tension can also adversely affect the production of milk;
- The use of a dairy mixture - the child is eaten by a mixture and does not sucks the chest to the end, which entails a decrease in milk generation;
Features of the child's development. In 3 months
As such a shortage of milk. The body adapts to lactation, the external signs of milk increases disappear - tingling and filling the chest. 6-7 months
- Introduction Dust. Gradually, one feeding is replaced with lures, respectively, the amount of milk decreases. 9-10 months
- The child moves more, the growth rate is reduced, milk is needed less.
How to raise lactation
To increase lactation, it is necessary to identify and eliminate the causes of the shortage of milk:
increase the amount of applying to the chest;
apply on demand, not by hours;
Apply to the chest at night, once every 2.5-3 hours;
introduce a joint sleep with the child (it also has a positive effect on the increase in lactation);
Watch the baby to capture the whole nipple when feeding, the child's lips are turned out, and the nose and cheeks are adjacent to the chest;
To ensure that the child is applied alternately to each breast: if there is less milk in one breast, then it is necessary to offer it, and after giving full chest and finish again;
Join the milk after feeding (stirring will allow you to increase the amount of milk);
eliminate nipples and pacifiers, if necessary to read - it is better to do it from a spoon or from a syringe without a needle;
Use convenient meal poses;
Recipient menu of a nursing mother, enter more liquid dishes and products stimulating lactation; Hot dishes must be present 3 times a day, the total amount of fluid must be 2-3 liters per day;
Use lactation teas and means;
Make a breast massage to increase lymphottock;
Arrange your own day;
Enter compulsory outdoor walks;
Avoid stressful situations;
30 minutes before feeding drink tea with milk;
Make warm compresses to feeding and cool after;
All these signs do not say that milk is missing, it is necessary to navigate first of all for a child - he eats or not. Lactostasis and feeding problems Means for increasing lactation Before receiving any means that stimulate lactation, be sure to consult a doctor! Medical preparations: Feminylak- reinforces milk production. Nicotine Acid, or Vitamin RR - increases the volume of milk.
Before feeding and stacked, make a breast massage under the warm shower.
After lactation, a decrease in milk may be observed. To increase milk volumes, it should be stimulated as possible to stimulate lactation and ensure complete emptying of the chest. You can enter additional complaints.
Lactostasis and feeding problems
Means for increasing lactation
Before receiving any means that stimulate lactation, be sure to consult a doctor!
Feminylak- reinforces milk production.
Nicotine Acid, or Vitamin RR - increases the volume of milk.
Oxytocin - stimulates lactation.
Leptaden - increases the production and volume of milk, saturates milk with useful substances.
- Apilak - enhances the production of milk and saturates its useful substances.
- Lactogon - stimulates lactation and increases the volume of milk.
- Malkoin - increases lactation.
- Lactavit - improves lactation.
- Apilactin - increases lactation.
- Folk remedies:
- Carrot and birch juices.
Ripple of nettle - 25 g of dry leaves for 200 ml of boiling water, follow 20 minutes and use 30 ml before meal.
Infusion of cumin seeds - 1 tsp. Seeds on a glass of boiling milk, let it brew for 2 hours, consumed 20 minutes before meals.
District blade - 50 g of dill 300 ml of boiling water, after 20 minutes to strain, consumption 100 ml 3 times a day.
- The infusion of the dandelion root is 8 g per 200 ml of boiling water, to use infusion 4 times a day before meals.
- Cooked in milk carrots - eat 3 times a day 2 weeks in a row.
- When entering the battle for milk, remember - you will definitely leave the winner, if you immediately tune into a long fighting and constant application of effort. Do not give up! And healthy kid will be you award.
Why decreases the amount of milk?
Reducing the production of breast milk in a nursing woman is called hypoglactics and can be caused by different reasons. The level of lactation depends not only on the capabilities of the body of the woman, but is largely determined by the surrounding factors.
Hygogalactium may be due to a violation of the production of hormones, which directly affect the lactation process, or, which most often happens, the incorrect organization of breastfeeding leads to it, namely:
Rare attachment of the baby to the chest, feeding "by the clock", and not "on demand";
Insufficient feeding duration, rapidly excluding a child from the chest; Incorrect grip (the child captures only the nipple, and not all the AREOLU);
lack of night feedings; Early introduction of the doctor;
irrational nutrition of a nursing mother and incorrect drinking mode; Psychological Factors: Stresses, unfavorable furnishings in the family, overwork, lack of sleep.
Often, a decrease in milk occurs without any external cause. These states are called lactation crises and are due to the peculiarities of hormonal regulation. Most often, such crises appear on the 3rd, 7th, 12th weeks of the child's life. In these periods, the mother occurs a temporary change in the hormonal background (decrease in the production of prolactin hormone), which affects the production of milk. The organism of a nursing woman adapts to the new needs of a growing baby in milk. Lacitation crises - a temporary phenomenon and normally not more than 2-3 days. It is easy to cope with them, more often applying a child to the chest. Few milk or enough?
There are several criteria for which you can judge whether the child has enough milk: The kid became restless, often crying, often during or immediately after feeding;
There is a small weight gain of the body for a month (the average monthly increase in the first three months of life is about 800 g, minimum - 500 g); There is a decrease in the number of urinations (less than 6 times a day). The child of the first months of life should urinate on average at least 8-10 times in the absences (minimum number of 6 times a day).
How to increase lactation? Even if the production of milk in a nursing mother for some reason really decreased, in no case should not be hurried and without consultation with the pediatrician to begin to regret the baby with milk mixtures. The child will be squeezed with a mixture, less often ask the chest, and this, in turn, will lead to an even greater decrease in milk generation. With a decrease in the amount of milk, the mood is very important and the readiness of the mother to take everything on it depends to save and normalize the lactation process.
So what should I do if there are little breast milk? To establish breastfeeding and increase the lactation. Each mother can try independently. But, if she is not confident in his abilities, it is better to seek help from breastfeeding consultants or a pediatrician observing the baby. So, begin to act.
To stimulate lactation, it is necessary to apply a child to the chest more often. This is the so-called child feeding on demand, in which the chest is offered to the baby at the first signs of his anxiety and as often as he wants. Two hormones are influenced by milk - prolactin and oxytocin. Prolactin is responsible for the process of producing milk, oxytocin - for the reflex of milk isolation. Than their level is higher - the more milk in a nursing mother. And on the amount of hormone produced in the body of a woman affects the frequency and duration of sucking by a child of the chest.
The interval between feedings should be no more than 1.5-2 hours. To maintain a full lactation at first, 10-12 applying per day is necessary. The more kid sucks milk, the more it will be produced in the following days.
It is necessary to ensure that both chest are offered the same number of times.
If you feed less from some chest than from another, then it will produce less milk. Let the baby be in the chest so much time he wants.
The duration of feeding must be installed by the child itself, i.e. For each kid, it will be individual, but on average at least 15-20 minutes. It should not be taken from the baby chest earlier than he himself will release it, otherwise he will not be very valuable "rear" milk rich in useful fats and nutrients, and the chest will not receive a "request" to develop a new portion of milk. Night feedings - a great remedy for maintaining lactation
So at night, the production of the prolactin hormone, which stimulates the release of milk, is significantly higher than during the day. Therefore, in order to increase lactation at night, it is recommended to apply a child to the chest 3-4 times, and two feedings should be for the period between 3 and 7 o'clock in the morning. For good lactation and efficient sucking child, it is important to properly apply a baby to the chest.
If the child is applied to the chest incorrectly, it cannot sufficient milk, the breast empties badly and the amount of milk decreases. To make the child correctly captured the breast, the mother should choose a convenient position that will allow it to relax. The child should be all the body turned to her, his chin touches her chest, head and the body of the baby should be located in the same plane. With the right attachment of the mouth, the child is widely open, the lower lip is turned outward, the baby captures not only the nipple, but also the whole range (the near-block circle).
Another mechanism for launching milk isolation is body contact Mom and baby.
Tactile contact "Leather to the skin" contributes to the development of hormones necessary to increase lactation. That is why, with a decrease in milk, mom is recommended more often to wear a child in arms or in a sling.
- Walking in the fresh air is needed not only to the baby, but also mom.
- The lack of oxygen also adversely affects the production of milk, so nursing mom is recommended to be held 1.5-2 hours a day in the fresh air. This is a great opportunity to relax from home affairs and take a walk with a baby in the forest or in the park.
For sufficient production of milk with a nursing mom, it is necessary to observe the drinking mode.
You need to drink so much not to feel thirst. At the same time, the amount of fluid incoming to the body should be at least 2-2.5 l / day. For good lactation, it is recommended to take a drink in warm form 30 minutes before feeding.
- One of the methods of raising lactation is phytotherapy - the use of decoctions and teas from herbs
- with lactogenic properties. Mom can use special already ready-made teas for nursing mothers or prepare a decoction of medicinal herbs itself, observing certain proportions. Lactogenic properties have seeds of dill, cumin, anise, fennel, melissa, oregano, nettle leaves, green tea.
- Their brazers can be used separately or as various fees.
- An additional measure to increase lactation can serve as hot shower
(water temperature is about 45 ° C) after feeding. The meaning of such an impact in stimulating milk production as it were to the next time. In parallel, you can conduct a massage of the mammary gland with circular ceiling movements from the center to the periphery and from top to bottom with the simultaneous pressure of milk residues. Such a procedure is desirable to spend within 10 minutes 2 times a day for each breast. After the shower, it is good and relaxing the neck massage (collar zone) and the back (area between the blades).
From water procedures, a positive effect on lactation has warming before feeding hands and feet
In hot water.
Milk plugging can be used as a temporary measure to improve lactation.
It stimulates the secretion of milk. The decline is carried out after each feeding of the baby or / and in the breaks between feeding (if it allows the break between them - at least 1.5-2 hours), but not less than 5-6 times a day. Very effectively grinding the chest at night (from 3 to 7 hours in the morning) during the period of intensive production of the hormone prolactin. With increasing lactation, the number of plugs should be gradually reduced and further stop completely to prevent excessive production and lactostasis. It should be remembered that the frequent attachment of the baby to the chest is an excellent alternative to complain.
The process of restoring lactation every woman is individual, but on average it is 5-7 days. It depends primarily on the wishes of the mother to preserve breastfeeding, from the activity of a child during sucking, on compliance with the correct breastfeeding technique and from supporting close people.
Do no harm!
- It is necessary to very carefully treat various advice of the surrounding and "folk methods" to increase the amount of milk. They may not only benefit, but also harm mom and baby.
- The most common recommendation that a nursing mom can hear with a decrease in the amount of milk is to drink as much liquid as possible, and better if it is milk, tea with milk or condensed milk. Breastfeeding specialists have proven that excessive liquid not only does not stimulate lactation, but can decrease it. An excess of fluid flow can lead to the formation of more than the baby, the amount of milk, which, in turn, often leads to its stagnation (lactostasis). Tea with milk drink, of course, you can, if my mother like this drink. Only some special lactogenic effect it does not possess. Mom's consumption of whole cow milk also does not affect lactation, and the child can cause allergic reactions and colic. Tea with condensed milk due to a large amount of sugar can also provoke allergic reactions in the kid.
- The second statement that walnuts contribute to lactation is also very doubtful. For infusion, allegedly possessing lactogenic properties, 1/2 cup of purified walnuts brew 0.5 liters of boiling milk. Both milk and nuts are allergenic for kid by products. Nursing mom can be eaten no more than 1-2 nuts per day, which will not affect lactation. Otherwise, the risk of developing allergies in a child is increasing.
- In a good mood
- Mom's mood also affects breast milk. Accumulated fatigue, physical overwork, stress - all this can lead to a decrease in milk generation, as the production of oxytocin decreases. Therefore, to establish lactation, nursing mom is necessary:
- First of all, pay attention to your mode. It is important to organize a day to have time for a full sleep and rest. Sleep should be at least 8-10 hours. If the kid often wakes up and asks the chest at night, you can organize a joint sleep with him. The best option will be a baby cot with one shot side, put close to the bedroom, and there is no risk to injure the baby, and mom has the opportunity to sleep more and relax, since she does not need to rise to the child;
- Do not constantly think about the shortage of milk and worry about feeding;
- We must try to exclude stressful situations and try to keep calm;
- You can seek help and support to relatives and her husband, which will help in care of the baby or take part of home affairs.
- Recipes of lactogenic decoctions
- 1 tsp. Tine brew 1 cup of boiling milk, insist for 10-15 minutes. Take 1/4 cup infusion 30-40 minutes before feeding a child 3 times a day.
- 3 h. Dry nettle brew 2 glasses of boiling water, insist for 10-15 minutes. Take over the day.
- Take in equal shares of the seeds of dill, Anis, Fennel. Pour 1 tbsp. l. Mixes 1 glass of boiling water, insist in a closed container of 15-20 minutes, strain, drink 1/3 cup 2-3 times a day.
Take nettle leaves (2 parts), dill and anise seed (1 part), mix them. 2 tbsp. l. Mixtures brew 0.5 liters boiling water and insist 2 hours. Drink during the day.
How to increase lactation after childbirth and save it for a long time? Do I need to feed the baby with breasts? What are the means that increase lactation and what methods of increasing the number of breast milk today are considered the most effective? All these questions will be answered by the author of the article - Pediatrician Klimova V.V.
Content: How to increase breast milk lactation? Breastfeeding value for a child
Breastfeeding value for women What is the danger of the situation when a child is little breast milk? .
Lactation after childbirth in the first month
Best Remedies for Lactation Increase Psychological attitude as the best means for lactation .
Foniography is an effective way to maintain lactation.
Proper breastfeeding organization
Breastfeeding devices Breastfeeding diet .
Massage to increase lactation
- List of used literature
- How to increase breast milk lactation?
- Often, women ask a question - how to increase lactation with breastfeeding at home? Before starting a conversation about it, let's figure it out why it is worth actively fighting for breastfeeding. After all, it is precisely an understanding of how important breastfeeding is, a woman motivates not to give up if there are problems, but try to cope with the difficulties with all the might.
- Experts of the World Health Organization (WHO) argue that
- "In fact, all mothers can breastfeed, provided that they have accurate information and support from families and communities, as well as from the health care system."
A woman who is aware of the importance of breastfeeding will make everything necessary to figure out what lactation is how to increase the lactation and keep breastfeeding as long as possible.
The key argument in favor of breastfeeding is no replaceable value of maternal milk for a baby. In the Global Strategy for Children's Children of Breast and Early Age, WHO experts characterize breast milk as
"Perfect meals for healthy growth and development of breasts"
Breastfeeding value for a child
- Why is breast milk is the perfect food for a child? Why is the increase in milk lactation is the primary task in its insufficiency? Because
- Breast milk is a lively product containing such unique components as immune cells, protective proteins - immunoglobulins, useful bacteria, enzymes, hormones and other substances
- Of course, babies that are on artificial feeding can also grow healthy children. Especially today, when there is a wide selection of mixtures adapted to the needs of the child of the child. They will be able to provide them with the necessary energy for growth and development, structural components for the construction of cells, vitamins and minerals. However, such children are more difficult when meeting with unfavorable factors, first of all, with infection. This is due to the deficit of valuable resources (immune cells and proteins), which are contained in breast milk, and help faster and more efficiently mature their own protective mechanisms. Also, such children are much more likely there are allergic diseases and digestive disorders.
Thus, breast milk components are needed not only to meet the nutritional food needs, but also directly affect the digestion of food, the formation of protective immune mechanisms, regulation of growth and development processes. All of these most valuable substances can only be transmitted from the mother to the infant in the feeding process.
In addition, as the baby grows, and its needs change, the change in breast milk is changed. Thus, how highly technologies were not developed,
No mixture manufacturer is able to get such a perfect product, optimally adapted to the ever-changing needs of a baby like breast milk.
Famous pediatrician E.O. Komarovsky, telling about the benefits of natural feeding, makes an emphasis on a number of its advantages over mixed or artificial: Breast milk is the perfect food purity. There is no risk that microbes will fall into food for the baby, which can cause an intestinal infection. It is very important because the child's body, especially in the first weeks and months of life, has not yet matured mechanisms to help resist dangerous microbes. Breast milk has a temperature, most comfortable for the baby.
In maternal milk contains not only all valuables, but also enzymes that help to digest and absorb them.
Mom's milk contains a huge number of immune factors that protect the infant body from viruses, bacteria, mushrooms.
Children on breastfeeding are much less likely to suffer from allergic diseases due to the optimal structure of proteins (proteins of cow milk are alien for the body of the infant, therefore, allergic reactions often provoke).
High risk of allergic diseases
Lack of useful bacteria in the intestines
participating in the digestion and protection of the body from infections that produce vitamins (Mommy milk contains over 600 types of protective bacteria) Above the risk of problems with vision (milk contains valuable vitamins and polyunsaturated fats)
More often there are violations of the formation of the facial skull , leading to a violation of the growth of teeth, speech therapy problems, cosmetic defects (the sucking of the chest creates a load at which the jaws and bones of the facial skull are developing correctly) .
Above the risk of developing exchange violations
(Sugar diabetes, obesity, etc.)
Rogel growth and development as an organism as a whole and individual systems
(breast milk contains hormones and growth factors, stimulating the maturation of all organs and tissues) Mental and intellectual development
Above the risk of developing memory problems
(breast milk is rich in a valuable carbohydrate - lactose necessary for the formation of brain cells)
The intellectual level of kids who received breast milk is often higher than that of "artificials" (also associated with lactase lactium and polyunsaturated fatty acids necessary for brain cells and nervous tissue) Social development
In children, insufficient time on breastfeeding (less than 6 months)
Subsequently, aggressiveness, fears, problems with the establishment of contacts with others
. This is due to the fact that breastfeeding gives the baby a sense of security that allows you to form confidence in the world, to be more open, contact, friendly
At the same time, it is important to make sure that the child really lacks milk. This can be read about this in the article.
"How to understand that a child lacks breast milk?" It is important to know the reasons why the nursing mother has little milk, since knowledge of the reasons allows you to find an effective method for eliminating and thus increasing lactation. You can read about the most common causes here. Lactation after childbirth in the first month
The first month after the child appears to the light is the most important time for the formation of lactation. It is the correct behavior of the mother in this period that will help prevent the development of various problems with feeding in the future, to understand what increases lactation, and which affects it negatively. Throughout the first days and weeks after the birth of Mom and the kid learn each other, at this time there is a special physiological and psychological mutual "aduction" of a woman and a child. Every baby has its own unique features in which a nursing mother must learn to understand. How and when is it better to breastfeed breast? How to determine what baby was flooded? How to understand whether milk is enough newborn? What is the cause of his anxiety? The more the woman is configured to breastfeeding immediately after childbirth, the faster it will learn to understand her baby.
Early applying baby to chest
How to increase breast milk lactation in the first month of feeding? The most important point is the early attachment of the child to the chest. Experts of the World Health Organization are recommended to do this no later than 30 - 60 minutes after the child's appearance. The value of breastfeeding for the formation of the psychological well-being of the kid is to quickly restore the proximity between the mother and mother and the baby, which arose even during pregnancy. Early applying to the chest is useful in terms of psychological well-being of the baby. It contributes to restoring and strengthening the connection between the mother and the child formed during pregnancy, gives the baby a sense of security that facilitates mental and physical adaptation to new living conditions. A special role in the emergence of a feeling of psychological comfort in a newborn during the first applying of the breast is given to the taste of early milk - colostrum. According to a psychologist, a candidate of medical sciences engaged in psychological aspects of breastfeeding I.A. Tishevsky, bodies of tastes and smell are first formed by the fetus in the womb. Therefore, the taste sensations in a newborn baby are the main source of information about the world. "That is why the taste and smell of maternal milk, similar in its composition with the accumulative waters, recognize all newborns, children will cope with stress and calm themselves with early applying them to the parent breast.
(I.A. Tishevskaya, "Psychological aspects of the organization of breastfeeding of young children").
The early applying of the chest is very useful and for the formation of the physical health of the child. The colostrum is the most valuable product, the source of energy, food components, vitamins, immune components for the infant. And, of course, early applying is a powerful impetus for lactation stimulation at the mother. How to increase the tide of milk after childbirth? Attach the baby to the mother's chest immediately after birth. At the same time, stimulation of nerve endings in the nipples, and this activates the production of prolactin hormone, which is responsible for the production of milk and oxytocin, which contributes to its separation. Thus, early applying contributes to the rapid inclusion of the mechanisms for the production and separation of milk, which subsequently provides more stable lactation in the mother (T.E. Borovik, K.S. Ladodo, G.V. Yantyk, 2008). Feeding on demand
How to increase breast milk lactation at home in the first month of the child's life? An important point that allows you to establish the production and separation of maternal milk, is feeding on demand. Promotion of breastfeeding is not on schedule, but at the request of the baby, is one of the ten principles developed by WHO / UNICEF, as recommendations for successful breastfeeding of newborns. What is feeding on demand? The Russian pediatrician union determines it as a feeding mode, in which mom gives the child the chest does not at any schedule, but on the first request, including, be sure to at night. Feeding on demand is the answer to the question "What to do to increase the lactation in the first month of life baby?"
. This is due to the fact that with this feeding mode, the child gets the chest, an average of 10-12 times a day (maybe a little more often or less often depending on the individual characteristics of the child). With this frequency, the nipples of the mother's nipples constantly get stimulation, in response to which hormones that provide lactation are distinguished. How to increase the arrival of breast milk? This will help
The fact is that Prolactin is a hormone responsible for the production of milk, more actively stands out at night. The peculiarity of prolactin is that it is responsible for the formation of milk in breast, which will be used for the next feeding. Therefore, the attachment of the kid to the chest at night will provide a better arrival of milk in the morning clock.
Famous pediatrician E.O. Komarovsky explains that many moms (with the filing of some breastfeeding specialists) perceive feeding on demand as a permanent stay of the child in the chest and the applying "on the first piston". In this case, the number of applying can be up to 30 times a day and above. This often leads to the overwriting of a woman, abandoning the social role, deterioration of relations with her husband. Speaking how to increase lactation, Komarovsky recommends
Feeding on demand
In the first month of the child's life. Evgeny Olegovich proposes to apply a child to the chest often, but not constantly, for example, every hour. At the same time, milk production is fully stimulated, and the mother has time to occupy in other affairs. After the child is fulfilled month - and by this time, as a rule, the process of becoming lactation has already been completed, Komarovsky recommends switching to free feeding. At the same time, the child feeds on appetite (including the preservation of night feedings), but not more often than once every two hours. The time of staying in the chest is limited to 15-25 minutes. Do I need to do a child? What do you need to do to increase lactation? And WHO experts and Russian pediatricians say that it is important for preserving breastfeeding to 6 months not to give a child additional fluids, including water. The manual on the natural feeding of children published by the Union of Pediatricians of Russia, it is indicated that With breastfeeding, the baby is fully secured liquid, since Mother's milk is 83-87% consists of water
. Due to the fact that the newborn baby centers thirst and hunger are combined, with an additional amount of fluid (even non-nutrient-free), the child feels saturation and can start abandoning the chest. And this, in turn, leads to a decrease in lactation. Pediatrician E.O. Komarovsky explains that Breast milk is able to fully compensate for physiological fluid losses.
What does it mean? In the process of life, the child's body constantly loses fluid: it produces sweat, urine, saliva, digestive juices. Also, a lot of fluids is spent by the body of a baby to moisturize inhaled air. All this is normal (physiological) fluid loss, which are covered by water contained in milk.
The problem is that liquid losses are not only physiological, but also pathogical, that is, abnormal, unnatural. So if the child is in the room where the air temperature is 30 degrees, and the humidity is about 20% (and such conditions are often created in children, as parents are afraid that "the child will catch up"), then he will
Additionally spend a huge amount of fluid on hydration inhaled air and sweat selection.
According to Yevgeny Olegovich, mass overheating of children and dryness of air, especially in winter during the heating season, is a huge problem. The situation is often aggravated by the fact that adults dress the baby too warm - they are hung up, fearing drafts. At the same time, the child sweats and fluid losses increase.
- Many breastfeeding consultants (as a rule, not having pediatric education and not able to analyze the problem comprehensively) believe that dopping carries huge risks to breastfeeding and therefore it is unacceptable, "explains Dr. Komarovsky. - At the same time, they do not want to see the difference between the physiological and unnatural loss of fluid. As a result, children suffering from heat and dry air at the midst of the heating season (and he lasts half a year!), Scream from thirst. Moms apply their breasts for 20 times per night, but the losses of the liquid are not fill. QUESTIONS OF CLIMATEAL EQUIPMENT AND RIGHT AIR PARAMETERS Consultants on breastfeeding are often ignored
What to do in such a situation? Create optimal conditions in the room where the baby is located to prevent additional fluid losses.
The air temperature should not exceed 18-20 degrees Celsius, and the humidity should be in the range of 50-70%.
According to Dr. Komarovsky, if the battery in the room is not equipped with special regulators, you can simply close it with blankets, plaids, etc. To increase air humidity, special humidifiers and evaporators can be used. Evgeny Olegovich explains that at an air temperature not exceeding 20 degrees, the baby himself will refuse to drink water.
- Desire or reluctance to drink water is an exceptionally convenient criterion that allows you to answer the question: there is overheating or there is no. - says Dr. Komarovsky. - Healthy, but drinking eagerly, means overheated. Thus, to increase milk in a nursing mother, It is necessary to exclude unnatural
Liquid Loss Baby Organism Required
. To do this, it is necessary to take care of creating the right microclimate in the room, to ensure the baby with cool air, saturated with enough moisture, stop bunned the child.
It is important to remember that the pathological loss also includes fluid losses arising from intestinal infection (if there is diarrhea), with an elevated body temperature associated with respiratory infection and other diseases, etc. Dr. Komarovsky emphasizes attention on the fact that
If a child has pathological fluid losses, then it is necessary to dope!
For this, Evgeny Olegovich advises to use spring or artesian water (which is not boiling), mineral water of the neutral flavor without gas, as well as decoction of the Izyum. It is desirable to dope with spoons in the intervals between feeding.
Stirling to increase lactation
Will the plumbing help increase lactation? When it comes to increasing the lactation, reviews about such a method as complaining are different. According to the basic rules of successful breastfeeding (WHO / UNICEF), with properly organized breastfeeding of milk is produced exactly as much as the child needs, therefore it does not have the need to complain after each feeding.
At the same time, when the question arises how to increase milk in a nursing mother in its insufficient workout, and WHO experts and Russian pediatricians consider stiring as one of the lactation stimulation methods (along with frequent applies to the chest). Stirling is recommended after the completion of the feeding of the baby.
Also, the stitching is necessary in such situations as the stagnation of milk - lactostasis, and the lactation (serous) mastitis. In these situations, the milk separation is difficult, which aggravates the situation of stagnation. Therefore, in these violations, it is necessary to measure the milk from the sore chest to the last drop. How to increase the lactation of breastsos? The breast pump is an excellent alternative to manual pressure, it allows you to spend much less effort on the procedure. According to pediatrician E.O. Komarovsky use of electric milk pumps for increasing breast milk with insufficient lactation and in situations with lactostasis and mastitis, it allows you to significantly ease your mother's life.
Also, thanks to the plot, you can create a reserve of breast milk, which is useful in a situation when mom needs to be rented. Also, milk reserves may be very relevant in the occurrence of a lactation crisis - a temporary lack of breast milk associated with an increase in the needs of a child in food. Laccination crises are quite common for 2-3 weeks after birth. How to keep breast milk after complaining? The best way for its long-term storage is freezing. According to the recommendations of the Neonatologist, Candidate of Medical Sciences E.K. Budayeva, breast milk, intended for long-term storage, it is best to freeze immediately after receiving deep freezing in the freezing chamber with a constant temperature below 20 degrees Celsius. Frozen thus milk can be stored up to 7 months while maintaining all useful properties. .
In the freezing of milk in the chamber with a constant temperature above 20 degrees Celsius, the shelf life is reduced to 3 months. In the refrigerator at a temperature of 0 - 4, no more than 2 days can be stored with breast milk. How to warm frozen breast milk before feeding a child? According to Dr. Komarovsky,
The best way is the heating of milk on the "water bath" - The bottle is placed in a container with water standing on the stove. As water in the container is heated, warming and milk occurs. In no case can you defrost breast milk in the microwave oven, since it is the destruction of the most valuable components in its composition! Best tools for increasing breast milk lactation How to increase milk lactation? In order for mom to successfully breastfeed the baby, she needs to remember that this is the process provided for by nature itself to maintain the life of a newborn baby. Therefore, the best means for increasing lactation are not miraculous teas and tablets, and frequent attachment of the child to the chest and a positive psychological attitude that helps to cope with the emerging difficulties. Also as an effective means for lactation, vibroacoustic therapy can be considered, allowing a woman to recover faster after childbirth, to avoid complications, increase the life and emotional tone. In addition, when before mom is the question "How to increase the amount of breast milk when feeding?" It is important to remember how to properly organize the process of breastfeeding, how to attach baby to the chest. Do not forget about such aspects affecting feeding like mother's nutrition, breast massage, etc.
Next, we will talk about what to do in a situation where there are little breast milk, how to increase lactation and keep breastfeeding.
Psychological attitude, as the best means for increasing lactation What can increase milk lactation? As we have already spoken above, the best means of stimulating the formation of breast milk is sucking a baby breast. Why are we talking about psychological setting as the most important factor for breastfeeding? Because these moments are closely interrelated. The relationship between the ability of a woman to breastfeeding and its psychological attitude has repeatedly emphasized the famous pediatrician E.O. Komarovsky. So, speaking about how to increase the amount of breast milk, Komarovsky explains that the most responsible for establishing and maintaining breastfeeding is considered to be the formation of lactation, which lasts 2-3 months. From how breastfeeding will go through this period, a lot depends.
"Often, a woman begins to be nervous about the fact that the baby lacks milk, and begins to regret it," explains Evgeny Olegovich. - In this case, instead of sucking the chest and stimulating lactation, the child is simply eaten by a mixture and falls asleep. Thus, in fact, the cross is put on breastfeeding.
Experiences that women experience, in turn, inhibit the production of the hormone of oxytocin, which regulates the release of milk from the chest. In this way,
The nervous, nursing mom, in fact, starts a vicious circle. The more negative emotions, the less she has milk. The smaller the milk, the more negative emotions. The most difficult for nursing mothers are the moments of the occurrence of lactation crises, in which the child, indeed, lack milk. They can be observed in 2-3 weeks, in 2-3 months of child's life and later. Lacitation crises are not related to the fact that milk has become less produced, and so that due to the growth of the baby, its food needs increase. Woman begins to worry - how to increase the lactation of milk urgently? Dr. Komarovsky says that in these situations For preserving breastfeeding, two factors are important - constant breast stimulation by sucking and positive attitude
- Sometimes it seems - why apply baby to the chest, when there is nothing there? - says Evgeny Olegovich. - Just on the contrary, it is when it seems that there is nothing in the breast, you can apply and need. Because the process of intensive sucking even empty breasts gives signals to the lactation center. Wherein
The main task for mom is to keep the mood "everything will be fine, the milk will now appear!". WHO / UNICEF experts in the manual "Breast-feeding. How to ensure success
, telling how to increase the lactation of milk, emphasize that Woman's confidence in her ability to breastfeed is a decisive success factor.
What makes this confidence and how to save a positive attitude mother, even when meeting with difficulties in feeding the baby? Initial attitude to breastfeeding
initial mood of women for breastfeeding - formation, so-called dominant lactation. Because, as E.O. Komarovsky, in humans, most physiological functions are controlled by the cerebral cortex, a conscious attitude to lactation in combination with the physiological restructuring of the body gives the best results in providing long-lasting breastfeeding. It is desirable that the mood of women for breastfeeding was formed during pregnancy (and even better - when planning it), thanks to the study of literature, consultations with medical workers (preferably participating in WHO / UNICEF programs on breastfeeding programs), communicating with other mothers , successfully implementing breastfeeding. Knowing how to organize feeding properly, with what problems it may face in the process of feeding the baby, and how to overcome them correctly, will help a woman to gain confidence in their abilities and tune in for a long full-fledged feeding.
Support from loved ones The atmosphere in the family has a huge impact on the emotional state of nursing mothers. According to pediatrician E.O. Komarovsky, a big mistake of many mothers is the desire to fanatically follow the recommendations of some breastfeeding professionals. Situation When the kid "is constantly hanging on his chest," without leaving the woman's time or relatives or to communicate with other close, can lead to a deterioration in the family atmosphere.
When mom is worried only the same questions - how to preserve breastfeeding, how to increase the amount of milk, all other family members are out of the field of its attention.
- - Many breastfeeding experts believe that only mom, muming breast and child participate in the lactation process. But besides this, there is still a society that affects this system - explains Evgeny Olegovich. Alienation from loved ones leads to a deterioration in the atmosphere in the family, the emergence of conflict situations that adversely affect the emotional state of a nursing mother. Therefore, Dr. Komarovsky advises not to forget that
From the moment the child appears on the light - the same family member, like everyone else. Therefore, it is not worth attention and the love of the baby to bring to extreme extent, forgetting about everyone else, jumping up at night every ten minutes and not for a second without leaving him in the afternoon. You need to look for the right balance, golden middle. Most often from the lack of attention of a woman, an overly passionate to breastfeeding, the dad suffer. Unfortunately, men usually turn out to be unprepared for what will happen in the family after the appearance of the baby. And if mom does not find time to give her husband attention and care, relationships may be under a serious threat. Dr. Komarovsky says as a result of this approach
Very often there are situations when the child remains with milk (although as a result of stress and it is often lost), but without dad.
Therefore, after the end of the newborn period - the first month of the child's life - during which, indeed, it is necessary to apply a child to the chest very often to ensure the formation of lactation, E.O. Komarovsky advises
Switch to free feeding.
- With this mode, the mother retains the opportunity and time to implement social functions and communicate with other family members, "explains Evgeny Olegovich. At the same time, the closest - dad, grandparents - it is important to remember that Nursing mom needs emotional support and help in domestic affairs.
Unfortunately, there are often a situation where during the pregnancy period a woman literally "worn in hand", and after the birth of a baby left alone with problems. Sometimes to help your mother increase the amount of milk with breastfeeding, you just need to give it elementary help, such as washing, cleaning, washing dishes, etc. It will give her the opportunity to relax, which will benefit on the emotional setting and breastfeeding. Another problem with which a nursing mother is often faced is obsessive tips from the senior family members relating to the feeding regime, child care.
Very often, the rejection of breastfeeding begins with psychological pressure (first of all, on the side of the grandmothers) that the child lacks milk, he is starving, he adds little in weight.
Illiterate advice concerning how to increase the amount of milk in a nursing mother, the approval that the baby needs to register - all this increases the stress in a woman, and without that experiment. And at some point she can go on the "advisers" and start proving the baby, reducing the chances of preserving natural feeding.
In order to avoid such situations, a woman is in advance (better before the child appears) to talk to potential assistants about modern views on feeding and care for children. Explain why feeding on demand in the first month of life and free feeding in the subsequent is the most optimal for the baby and mom. If possible, give to read by native literature, for example, book E.O. Komarovsky "Beginning of your child's life", where there is a special chapter dedicated to grandparents. In the book, the doctor explains why some approaches that were effective before, today will not help preserve the health of the child. Evgeny Olegovich says that children from families in which grandmothers live separately or do not interfere in education, much less often fall into the hospital.
- The most important rule is mandatory for grandparents and grandmothers : Never and under any circumstances do not make any decisions regarding the lifestyle of the child, and even more so, to impose these solutions to his parents, "says Dr. Komarovsky. The most nursing mother Dr. Komarovsky advises to strive to organize his life in such a way that the need for assistants is minimal.
- Competent organization of the day According to the pediatrician, it will help to find time and for feeding and classes by a child, and for home affairs, and for rest, and to care for yourself, and to communicate with other family members. With this approach, the nursing mother will be able to enjoy the baby and maintain a calm benevolent atmosphere in the family. What is an essential condition for preserving breastfeeding.
- Fong or how to increase breast milk lactation and quickly recover after giving birth at home? In a conversation about why a woman engaged in breastfeeding, there is little milk, we mentioned such reasons as the insufficiency of common and local resources in the mother's body. Resources - this is why our life is supported. Air, food, water, heat - without them there can be no living being. However, there is another resource that you have to hear not so often, but which plays a crucial role in ensuring life. This microvibration is the fifth resource of the body! The source of microvibration in the body is muscle cells. The fact is that in addition to skeletal muscles, giving us the opportunity to move, there are millions of other muscle cells in the body - they are in most organs. Muscular cells are constantly vibrating - even at rest or during sleep. About 80% of the energy generated in the body is spent on maintaining muscle cells, and half of this energy is spent on microvibration at rest. Why is the body consumes such a number of forces on maintaining it? The fact is that All exchange processes in our body depend on the microvibration level, the delivery of nutrients to the tissues and the elimination of harmful substances and dead cells. Microvibration affects all organs and systems, but it is especially significant for the state of the lymphatic system (and closely associated with it the immune system) and the bodies of the liver and kidneys. The main source providing the body high level of microvibration is physical activity. Sports, walking, swimming - all this allows you to create the necessary microvibration background, which is preserved even alone and during sleep.
- Maintaining a sufficient level of microvibration is especially important during the pregnancy and breastfeeding. During the baby tooling, a woman needs to ensure this most valuable resource not only its body, but also the growing organism of the fetus. In addition, an additional load is located on the allocation of the future mother, because it is necessary to neutralize and remove harmful substances formed both in its body and in the body of the kid. Why are we talking about microvibration when we consider a question than to increase breast milk lactation? Because on the production of milk, a woman affects the condition of its body. In the first months of the life of the baby, a woman needs a lot of strength to take care of the baby. At the same time, many moms after childbirth are tired and weakness that negatively affects lactation. The lack of energy affects the emotional state of a nursing mother, generating uncertainty in its abilities in its abilities to breastfeed.
- How to increase the amount of breast milk in a nursing mother? An increase in the level of microvibration allows you to feel the tide of physical forces, filled with energy, to recover faster after childbirth, which will benefit on lactation. But how to do it, if there is not enough strength and time on sufficient physical activity in a nursing mother? Charging, regular bath taking, daily walks - not every woman has enough energy in the first weeks of the baby.
In this situation, vibroacoustic therapy will be the best way out. Phone with the help of apparatus, the Vitone allows you to fill the deficit of the biological microvibration of tissues, to have a beneficial effect on metabolism, immune and rehabilitation processes. What benefits will be the fondation conducted during breastfeeding?
Vibroacoustic therapy allows a woman
Faster to restore resources after childbirth.
Increasing the level of microvibration, which is achieved with the help of vehicles, helps to activate the common tone of the body, gaining energy. All this positively affects the emotional state of a woman, so important for lactation. That is why vibroacoustic therapy is the choice of women who think about how to recover quickly after childbirth, how to keep breastfeeding if there are few milk. Also, the use of vehicles Vitafon allows you to restore metabolic processes that are often broken during pregnancy and feeding, which also has a beneficial effect on the overall state of a nursing mother.
Improving the beneficial properties of milk.
How to increase the influx of milk with breastfeeding and improve its properties? To do this, it is necessary to support systems responsible for the production of milk. So, the lymphatic and blood system is actively involved in the formation of milk. The circulatory system is responsible for the delivery of liquid and nutrients in the dairy glands, where milk is formed. The role of the lymphatic system is to eliminate the cells and tissues of harmful, recycled substances, as well as dead cells. Due to the period of pregnancy on the allocation organs (kidney, liver), the double load falls, they turn out to be overloaded with harmful substances. If such a situation persists after delivery, it can negatively affect the process of milk generation. In addition, the condition of the lymphatic system is closely connected with the work of immunity. At the same time, as one of the most important functions of breast milk is the provision of infant with immune cells and protective substances.
Ability to share a resource with a baby.
The newborn child is experiencing a sharp deficit of microvibration energy. In the first weeks and months of life, the child is deprived of the opportunity to actively move, that is, to independently fill this deficit. The only resource available for it is crying (sound, acoustic microvibration). Especially important is for premature babies, for kids born with insufficient muscle mass. Often, such children cannot sleep and constantly shout, because in a dream background muscular activity decreases, it ceases to be enough for basic support of the body .
. During breastfeeding, the mother not only satisfies the hunger of the child, but also intensively communicates with him the energy of microvibration. The most close physical contact arising in the feeding process allows you to create conditions for a baby that resemble intrauterine when the exchange of energy between mom and fruit occurred very actively.
In order to fully provide a child with a valuable resource, Moma itself needs to maintain the energy of microvibration at the proper level,
What can be helped with the use of veston devices.
- Microvibration therapy can also be used directly to improve the infants themselves.
- Resource support has a beneficial effect on the work of all organs and infant systems.
- Having a positive impact on the digestion system and accelerating its maturation, vibroacoustic therapy reduces the risk of intestinal colic. Support for the immune, lymphatic system and separation organs reduces the likelihood of the development of allergic diseases, increases the stability of the kid's body to infections. Also, the use of the apparatuses of the Vitalon helps the child to recover faster after generic injuries, contributes to the normalization of muscle tone, creates favorable conditions for the development of motor and mental infant activity.
- Prevention and treatment of serous (lactation) mastitis and lactostasis (milk stagnation). These problems often occur during breastfeeding and seriously impede feeding. Food using apparatus Vitafon allows you to get rid of these complications, contributing to the elimination of stagnant phenomena, accelerating the healing of cracks, which are entrance gates for infection, stimulating the overall and local immunity. That is why, analyzing effective means for lactation of milk, it is necessary to consider vibroacoustic therapy, as a way to support and preserve breastfeeding. Read more about the treatment of serous mastitis with the help of Vitafon devices, you can read here, the method of treatment of lactostasis is described here.
The effectiveness of vibroacoustic therapy is that it has a positive impact on both general and local resources. How best to use vehicle devices as a means for increasing lactation? Reviews doctors show that significant effect is achieved with vibroacoustic effects on the area of the liver and kidneys. Phone fondation - organ, practically deprived of muscle fibers and therefore especially in need of resource support - contributes to the improvement of its function, decrease in the blood of toxic (harmful) substances. Thanks to the fondation of the kidney region, it is improved by the composition of the blood, the restoration of its acid-alkaline balance, purification from the products of the decay of cells. The normalization of the function of these bodies has a beneficial effect on the work of the whole organism, improves well-being and creates favorable conditions for lactation.
- Thus, vibroacoustic therapy makes it possible to fill the organism resources necessary for the formation of breast milk and breastfeeding. Because it would be the right and positive to be a mood to breastfeeding if resources are not enough, it will inevitably affect the amount (and quality) of breast milk.
- Proper breastfeeding
- Considering the means to increase the lactation, it is necessary to say a few words about proper breastfeeding. After all, observance of technology, in which the feeding process is convenient for mom and baby, does not lead to various troubles, for example, to the appearance of cracks on the nipples, lactostasis and maple.
- Front and rear milk - how to feed?
Often on the Internet on breastfeeding resources, there is information that at the beginning of feeding the child receives only "front milk", poorer according to the composition and fat content compared with the "rear milk". The authors of the articles point out that in order for the baby to get to the "rear milk", he must suck the chest for at least 20 minutes.
The manual on the natural feeding of children published by the Union of Pediatricians of the Russian Federation, it is indicated that
"Proper applying to the chest and capture will ensure effective sucking and free receipt of not only the" front ", but also the" late "milk into the robust cavity of the child"
Proper applying with breastfeeding. The purpose of proper applying to the chest is to ensure maximum comfort for mom and baby, as well as the creation of conditions for the proper seizure of the chest baby. Are there regular postures for feeding newborn breast milk? In the textbook "Pediatrics" ed. Shabalina, it says that mom can feed the baby and lying, and sitting and standing: "On the first day after childbirth, Mother feeds a child in bed, in the following days, chooses for himself and the child the most convenient pose - lying, sitting with a focusing on The bench with a height of 20-30 cm or standing (if there were crosses of the perineum). "
How to keep the child when feeding breast milk? The following recommendations are given to the breastfeeding benefits (Russian Union of Pediatricians): You should comfortably sit down or lie down, relax. Sit preferably in a low chair or put under the legs of the bench.
The child will turn to you with all the corps, the baby's face is close to the chest, the nose is focused on the nipple.
Support the child with one hand for the head and shoulders, the other for the buttocks. The baby's head must be on the same level with his body (that is, the ears, shoulders and the loin form a straight line) and addressed to the chest.
How to ensure proper grip in breastfeeding? In order to ensure a full-fledged sucking act and secure the nipple from damage and cracks, it is necessary that the baby correctly captured the chest. The Soviet Union of Pediatricians is given on this subject the following recommendations:
It is necessary that the child can capture the nipple along with the AREOLA (by the near-block circle - a brown area around the nipple). With proper seizure of the chest, the baby must form from the nipple and the "chest nipple" from the nipple. Nipple will be only part (one third) such a "nipple"
To facilitate the breathtaking of the chest, touch the nipple to the upper lip of the child
The lower lip of the child must be turned out to be turned out and located under the arole, and not under the nipple, the chin is pressed to the chest, the tongue is advanced, taking a cupid form
With proper seizure, the baby's tongue will perform pressing movements on the Milky Sinus (the place where milk accumulates) and irritate oxytocin receptors. When it comes to increasing lactation with breastfeeding at home, it is important to understand that providing proper applying to the breast is of paramount importance for stimulating lactation and maintaining natural feeding. .
The comfort of a nursing woman is of great importance for maintaining long breastfeeding. Today there are various devices, allowing to significantly ease the life of the mother, feeding baby.
Child feeding pillow
- A popular device that allows you to correctly fix the child in the chest and removes part of the load from the back of a nursing mother.
Pads on nipples for breastfeeding
- These are products in the form of a nipple and a nearby mug made of silicone or latex. Their task is to relieve the feeding of a child in the event of some problems. For example, at the beginning of feeding, if the mother has very sensitive nipples, and the child has not yet learned to capture the chest and constantly damage them. Also, the linings are used in the occurrence of cracks on the nipples, as well as during the period when the kid has a teeth and it hurts the mother's chest at sucking.
It is important to remember that silicone feeding overlaps cannot be considered as a means for enhancing lactation. On the contrary, their frequent use can lead to a decrease in the amount of milk produced, since during sucking it does not occur with the full stimulation of the nipple and the zone around it, which means the receptors that stimulate the production of milk are not irritated. In addition, when using overlays, the chest is not emptied completely, which can also lead to a decrease in lactation.
Brasing Inserts for Feeding
- A very useful accessory for nursing women. They allow you to absorb milk flowing from the chest to the intervals between feeding. In addition to the fact that the liners help protect underwear and clothing from the appearance of spots, they also allow the nipples to remain dry. They help to prevent the development of irritation and cracks on the nipples, through which an infection may fall, and, it means, contribute to the prevention of mastitis.
Suitable feeding clothing (shirt, nightie, shirt).
Of great importance for a woman, nursing, has the right choice of clothing. It is very important that the clothes be comfortable, did not constrain the movements. It is necessary to pay attention to the material from which it is sewn, natural "breathable" fabrics (cotton, flax) are best suited. It is also important that clothes ensure easy access to the baby to the chest - they can be equipped with a disgusting cup or strap, the upper part.
- Breastfeeding diet
- Are there any products increasing lactation? In order for a woman to have a sufficient amount of milk, a diet of a nursing mother should be built in such a way as to have enough energy and beneficial substances to ensure the needs of its own organism and for the formation of milk.
- According to the information provided by E.O. Komarovsky in the book "Certificate of Sweating Parents" book, when breastfeeding before reaching the child, 6 months of feeding need to consume an additional 500 kcal, and after half a year - 450 kcal per day. Also, proper nutrition in breastfeeding in the first 6 months of lactation provides additional daily use of a woman 40 g. Belkov (after 6 months - 30g), 15 g. Fats and 40 g. Carbohydrates (throughout the period of breastfeeding). In addition, the diet of a nursing mother should include more vitamins and trace elements.
- Thus, food for lactation of milk is the use of products that will give a woman energy and the necessary components for lactation. In addition, Dr. Komarovsky, recommends avoiding products that can spoil the taste of milk (salty, sharp, sour), as well as the smell of milk (spices, garlic) - the child can begin to refuse to take the breast, which will negatively affect lactation. Evgeny Olegovich
- does not advise consciously increase the fat content of milk using a large number of nuts, oil, fatty milk food products, as this can lead to problems with his digestion in the infant
- In order to maintain the production of milk, especially with its insufficient education, Dr. Komarovsky recommends that after each feeding, drink tea to increase lactation (best of all ordinary green tea with milk) or compote from dried fruit. It is important that the beverage volume is at least 300-500 ml.
- Breast massage to increase lactation
- Breast massage is often considered as a means to increase lactation. Its use, especially in combination with the warm shower, allows strengthening blood flow to the mammary gland, which activates the metabolic processes, improves the power of the cells, which has a beneficial effect on the formation and separation of milk.
- It is important to remember that the best remedy for lactation is the stimulation of the mother's nipples by sucking the breast with a baby in combination with the right psychological attitude. Breast massage should be considered only as an additional fund.
- Despite the fact that breastfeeding is an absolutely natural process, many women often have any questions: how to understand that the newborn is missing milk? What to do to increase lactation? What are the means that improve the lactation of nursing mom? In this article we tried to answer them in detail. In addition, the site contains other materials in which you can emphasize the necessary information on breastfeeding.
- In addition to the psychological and reflex methods to improve the lactation described in this article, it is worth knowing and use the newest achievements of medical science designed to help a nursing mother to recover after childbirth, gain strength and energy for the successful feeding of the child with breast milk. Medical physiotherapy vehicles Vitafon is the only way to fill the deficit of microvibration in the body with an external source that does not require anything from a nursing mother, except for self-organization for conducting procedures. Safety, small list of contraindications, the possibility of applying devices independently at home makes this medical method of improving lactation particularly attractive.
Of course, the lack of breast milk today is not a tragedy: the child, the mother of which for one reason or another was not able to feed the breast, the hungry death threatens. Nevertheless, it must be remembered that breastfeeding is not just a process of providing a baby with the necessary nutrients. It is a powerful stimulation of its immunity, the prevention of many diseases, the supply of infants with a huge amount of most valuable substances for its growth and development.
In addition, in the process of feeding, Mom satisfies other needs of the child - warm, in emotional communication, in defense, and also fills the deficit of microvibrations in its body. Therefore, summing up, I want to turn to the words of Dr. Komarovsky on the benefits of breastfeeding: