It is considered the most stable browser who lacks the stars from the sky, but at the same time qualitatively performs its work. Unfortunately, periodically users of Firefox can face different kinds of problems. In particular, today it will be about the error "Your connection is not protected."
Ways to remove the message "Your connection is not protected" in Mozilla Firefox
Message "Your connection is not protected" The appearing when trying to go to the web resource means that you attempted to transition to a secure connection, but Mozilla Firefox failed to check the certificates for the requested site.
As a result, the browser cannot provide guarantees that the Opened Page is safe, in connection with which blocks the transition to the requested site, displaying an unnecessary message.
Method 1: Setting the date and time
If the problem with the message "Your connection is not protected" is relevant immediately for several web resources, then the first thing you need to do is check the correctness of the dates and time on the computer.
- Click by "Start" right-click and select "Parameters" .
- Open section "Time and Language" .
- Activate item "Set the time automatically" .
- If after that the date and time are still configured incorrectly, turn off the parameter, and then set the data manually by clicking on the button "Change" .
- Open "Control Panel" . Switch viewing by "Small badges" and click on the link "Date and time" .
- In the window that opens, click on the button "Change the date and time" .
- Using the calendar and the clock change field and minutes, adjust the time and date. Save the button settings "OK" .
After the settings performed, try to open any page in Fairefoks.
Method 2: Setting the operation of antivirus
Some anti-virus programs that provide security on the Internet have an activated SSL scanning function, which can also provoke the appearance of the message "Your connection is not protected" in Firefox.
To see if antivirus or other protective program, the cause of this problem is, suspend its work, and then try to update the page in the browser and the error has disappeared or not.
If the error disappeared, then the problem is indeed an antivirus. In this case, you just have to disable the option in an antivirus that is responsible for scanning SSL.
Setting up Avast.
- Open the Anti-Virus menu and go to the section "Settings" .
- Open section "Active Protection" And around the point "Web Shield" Click on the button "Tune" .
- Remove the checkbox from the point "Enable HTTPS scan" And then save the changes.
Setting up Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Open the Kaspersky Anti-Virus menu and go to the section "Settings" .
- Click on the tab "Additional" and then go to the sample "Net" .
- Opening the section "Scan encrypted connections" you will need to put a tick around the item "Do not scan protected connections" After which you can save the settings.
For other antivirus products, the procedure for disabling the scanning of the secure connection can be found on the manufacturer's website in the help section.
Visual video example
Method 3: System Scanning
Quite often, the message "Your connection is not protected" may occur due to the action of viral software on your computer.
In this case, you will need to run a deep-scanning mode on your computer for viruses. You can do it like using your antivirus and a special scanning utility, such as Dr.Web Cureit.
If viruses will be detected by scanning results, cure them or delete, after which you will definitely restart the computer.
Method 4: Deleting Certificate Storage
On the computer in the Firefox profile folder all information about the use of the browser, including certificates data is stored. It can be assumed that the certificate storage was damaged, in connection with which we will try to remove it.
- Click in the upper right corner on the menu button and select item. "Reference" .
- In the additional menu, select "Information for solving problems" .
- In the window that opens in the graph "Profile Folder" Click on the button "Open folder" .
- Once in the profile folder, completely close the firefox. In the same profile folder you will need to find and delete the file. CERT8.DB. .
From now on, you can start Firefox again. The browser will automatically create a new copy of the CERT8.DB file, and if the problem has consisted in a damaged certificate store, it will be solved.
Method 5: Operating System Update
The certificate verification system is carried out by special services embedded in the Windows operating system. Such services are constantly being improved, and therefore, if you are not in time to install updates for OS, you may encounter Firefox with an error check of SSL certificates.
To check Windows for updates, open the menu on the computer "Control Panel" and then go to the section "Security and System" - "Windows Update Center" .
If any updates are detected, they will immediately be displayed in the window that opens. You will need to install all updates, including optional.
Read more: How to update Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Method 6: Incognito Mode
This method cannot be considered a way to eliminate the problem, but only a temporary solution. In this case, we offer to use a private mode that does not save information about search queries, history, cache, cookies and other data, and therefore this mode sometimes allows you to attend web resources that Firefox refuses to open.
To start incognito mode in Firefox, you will need to click on the browser menu button, and then open item "New Private Window" .
Read more: Incognito mode in Mozilla Firefox
Method 7: Turning off proxy
According to this method, we completely turn off the proxy function activity in Firefox, which can help solve the error we consider.
- Click up the top right corner over the menu button and go to the section "Settings" .
- Being on the tab "Basic" , scroll down the page down to the section "Proxy server" . Press the button "Tune" .
- A window will appear in which you will need to mark item. "Without proxy" and then save the changes by pressing the button "OK"
Method 8: Block Bypass
Finally, the final reason that manifests itself not on several secure sites, but only on one. She can say that there are no fresh certificates for the site that cannot guarantee the safety of the resource.
In this regard, you have two options: close the site, because It can carry a potential threat to you, or bypass blocking, but provided that you are absolutely confident of the site security.
- Under the message "Your connection is not protected" Click the button "Additionally" .
- The additional menu will be displayed slightly below, in which you need to click on item. "Add exception" .
- A small warning window will appear in which you only stay right to click on the button. "Confirm the Safety Exception" .
Video lesson by solving this problem
Today we reviewed the main reasons and ways to eliminate the error "Your connection is not protected". Using these recommendations, you are guaranteed to eliminate the problem that occurred and you can continue the web surfing in the Mozilla Firefox browser.We are glad that you could help you solve the problem.
Describe what you did not work. Our specialists will try to answer as quickly as possible.
Will this article help you?WELL NO
When using any browser on the Android platform, the user may encounter a situation when when trying to go to the address or link to the next resource or a webpage, the "Your connection is not protected" appears on the Android. And below there is a note that fraudsters can provoke a leak of its personal data from the site. A similar error appears infrequently, and the main reasons for its occurrence may be changes in the browser settings or system conflict. In addition, it usually disappears without outside interference. But it may happen that the problem is maintained for a long time and interferes with normal operation or communicating on the network. In this case, you should find out the cause of the error and eliminate any of the methods proposed. In this article we tried to consider all the options, because of which the error "Your Connecting on Protection" appears.
What is a "unprotected connection" and what are the advantages of protected
To begin with, it is worth understanding how the data transmission scheme works in the web space today. In the time of the Internet nucleation, almost all sites were unprotected, and in the case of a computer connection with any of them, the data was transmitted in the open form. Provider and other network users could see any information, be it comment, login or password. Fraudsters undisputed with this Breshchi and "hijacked" confidential client data.
Later, a special HTTPS protocol was developed for improving security, thanks to which the data began to be transmitted in encrypted form. Since then, network participants, seeing that some information comes to the site, can no longer access it, because they are not able to decipher it.
Today, the HTTP and HTTPS resources are absolutely reliable, sites work perfectly, and the transitions to pages are performed quickly and without delays. At the same time, an icon appears in the address bar of the browser (for example, Chrome). The fact is that to use the encryption function, any owner of the service must be installed SSL security certificate. Users do not see it, they simply enter the resource to fulfill their tasks. By the way, sometimes there is another mistake " Failure encryption android " We described recommendations for solving this problem, so read our separate article.
Unprotected connection can be dangerous, and not only because of blocking the beloved site. When moving to a web resource without a secure protocol, the Android device is subjected to risk factors:
- Theft of personal data (passwords, logins, bank card numbers and accounts);
- Unauthorized collection of confidential information;
- Substitution of cookies and use of fraudulent purposes;
- Lock access to a page or site.
The problem with unprotected connection is most often occurring if two conditions are broken.
- The owner did not release a certificate for a particular site or he ceased to act in connection with the end of its term. When accessing immediately, the "Connection is not protected" notification appears. The https icon becomes crossed, and the browser gives comments like:
- "ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_ INVALID".
- Network settings are written incorrectly. A malicious program or viruses sent by an attacker who are trying to kidnap confidential information (passwords, number of bank cards, etc.) to a similar failure.
There are still a number of reasons, more about which will be discussed below. There will also be described actions that can get rid of each specific problem.
Ways to correct connection errors
The "Your Connection is not protected" error appears not only in Google Chrome, but also in other browsers created on the Chromium architectural platform. This means that the methods proposed below are also applicable to Opera, Vivaldi, Amigo, Yandex, Satellite, Brave, Orbitum, Falcon (QUPZILLA). In these browsers, the error correction procedure has differences, but very minor, since each of them has an identical interface.
We check whether the problem occurs in incognito mode
When when trying to visit a specific resource on the Android device screen, the message "Your connection is not protected" will appear, the first thing you need to do is open a new window in incognito mode. To do this, you will need:
- Start the Chrome browser, call the menu and select the "New Tab incognito" item.
- Check whether the site opens when you go to which an error message comes out.
If the page opens and works in the usual format, the following steps can be taken:
- Log in to "Settings";
- Select the "Applications" section (Some models are "Application Manager");
- Find the "Chrome" browser icon and go to "Storage" (or to the "Details" page);
- Sequentially press the two keys: first "erase the data", then "Clear Cache".
After deleting temporary files, re-go to the address of the site by checking whether the problem was solved. In most cases, after performing such actions, the error no longer appears. If nothing has changed, you should move to the following method.
Cleaning cache on android
Quite often errors in the work of the browser arise due to the accumulation of file "garbage" in the history of views and cache. To restore the former performance, you need to delete cached data. This can be done as follows:
- Launch a browser;
- Open the "Menu" by clicking on the three-point icon in the upper right corner of the screen;
- Find and go to the "History" tab, and activate the "Clear History" option;
- In the pop-up list, mark all the available categories, change the time range to "all the time" and click on the Delete Data key;
- To continue the cleaning procedure, go to subsection "Advanced" and perform similar actions.
Finally need to restart the browser and try to re-access the site. There are other options. We advise you to read how to clean the cache on the phone Android .
Check the date and time on the smartphone
Often, the appearance of an error is due to the dates or time inconsistency of the user who requests the certificate, and the server that provides it. Eliminate the problem will help synchronize these parameters, and the inclusion of the Auto-update option. To do this, you will need:
- Open the "Settings" panel;
- Select the "System" section, and then the Date and Time tab.
Here you will need to check the checkbox opposite the "Auto-detection of the time zone" item, and change the time and date using the appropriate options.
Customize the right antivirus and firewall
In some anti-virus programs and firewalls, there is a network connection protection function using HTTPS protocol. Under certain circumstances, it can conflict with a similar browser function used on the Android device. This leads to the fact that when trying to log in to the site, a notification "Your connection is not protected" appears.
To check whether such programs really have a negative impact, you should disable them in the settings, and then try again to open a problem web resource. If you go to the address managed without problems, you need to make the desired address of the site into the list of exceptions in anti-virus software.
Some users try to disconnect or limit the activity of antivirus for the sake of a favorite site or page. However, it is recommended to do this if it is confident in the absence of risks of information leakage and the system's ability to operate in normal mode. You can read at all How to check the phone to the virus android .
Customize Wi-Fi if it is public
Sometimes the error "Your Connection is not protected" appears after connecting to a public Wi-Fi network without a password. In this case, the browser or the Android system tries to block the transition to addresses and links, warning about the absence of security and the possibility of intercepting personal data and confidential information.
Outputs from a similar situation two:
- Connection to the router with limitations;
- Change network settings.
Unfortunately, the first way can not always be affordable, therefore it is advisable to use the second. This requires:
- Go to Wi-Fi settings. Touch the name of the network to which the smartphone is connected, and to hold within 2-3 seconds;
- When a pop-up menu appears, select the "Change Network" option, and then activate the "Advanced Parameters" item;
- In the IP settings window that appears, change the type of activity with "dynamic" to "static";
- In the field 1 to register the parameter - 18.104.22.168, in the field 2 - 22.214.171.124.
From this point on, the error message should not appear anymore. If the method was not successful, it is worth moving to the consideration of the next method.
Check the browser expansion that can block the connection
Along with embedded antivirus, block the connection with the required web resource is capable of site functionality and various extensions. To troubleshoot, it is recommended to disable the extensions for a short time. Depending on the browser used, the procedure may differ slightly, however, in general, the procedure for the following for different browsers:
- «Google Chrome. " Open "Menu", in the "Settings" section, select the "Extensions" item, and disconnect each of them sequentially;
- «Opera. " Expand "Menu", find the "Extensions" item and go to the "Extensions Management" tab, after which it is possible to remove the checkboxes in front of each;
- «Yandex browser " Doing the path "Menu" → "Additions" and deactivate each of them.
Check the renovation of browser
An important condition for the correct operation of the Android operational system is considered to update the device to the latest version. It is not an exception and browser. Otherwise, the occurrence of errors like considered under this article will not be avoided. To update, it is enough to visit the Google Play brand store, after which you perform a few simple actions:
- On the left side of the screen, click on the three stripes icon to get to the main menu;
- Go to "My Application and Games" section;
- Select and open the "Update" tab;
- In the list, find the browser used on the smartphone and start the process with the "Update" key.
This method of transition to a fresh version of the web browser is considered the most secure and reliable. Therefore, it is advisable to use it.
We delete programs that can block the connection
Error "Connection is not protected" is capable of appearing when an antivirus is installed on the mobile device with an SSL scan function or a special protection against unverified HTTPS. When switching to unsafe site, it is blocked.
To prevent such notifications, you need to:
- launch an antivirus program;
- Go to "Settings";
- Remove the ticks opposite the above points;
- Return to the browser and check the effectiveness of this action.
In the absence of a positive result, you will need to restore the settings back.
Invalidity of the certificate itself on the site
You can familiarize yourself with the details of the problem if you call the context menu and select the "View" option. The screen will appear:
- address of the script loaded;
- Date of issuing a certificate, etc.
Sometimes a message can appear that the certificate publisher is unknown, or a self-written certificate. To get rid of the problem, you can take advantage of the following methods:
- First, restart the device - often this measure is enough to troubleshoot;
- Secondly, disable the notification of unsuccessful certificate in the browser settings, it will be worthwhile to check the integrity of the HOSTS file.
Check the correctness of your internet
Sometimes a solution to an unprotected connection can be updated an Internet connection, regardless of its variety. To do this, you will need:
- Open the quick access panel by spending a finger across the screen from top to bottom;
- For a few minutes, turn off Wi-Fi or mobile data transmission;
- After some time, re-activate the connection.
After performing these simple actions, you should repeat the attempt to enter the site. But before this, it is advisable to reboot a mobile gadget.
Reinstalling browser on android
Another reliable solution to the problem with an unprotected connection in the Chrome browser on the Android device can be called browser uninstallation with the subsequent installation through Google Play Market. At the expense of radical actions, not only applications are deleted, but also working files, often caused by troubleshooting. The scheme is simple, it will only be necessary:
- Open "Settings" in any way;
- Go to the "Applications" section;
- Select "Google Chrome" or another used browser, such as Opera;
- On the Delete Application Information page page, and confirm the action through the pop-up window.
After completion of the process, it will be necessary to switch to the Google Play Application Store and run the re-installing of the browser. If you do not get installed programs from this service, most likely need Refresh Play Market on Android .
Check phone for viruses
It is quite rare, but it is possible that the cause of the error under consideration is to infect the phone malicious programs. The presence of viruses has a negative impact on the work of the system, including the browser. In suspected, it is necessary to scan the device, and if you have threats to remove them. You can do this in several ways:
- Through a computer;
- Using online services;
- By antivirus;
- Using universal programs.
One of the most radical ways is to clean the internal memory via Recovery mode. All personal data and settings will be deleted, but the phone will work as a clock. The guarantee of the lack of viruses in the smartphone in the future will be downloading files and programs from proven sources. If you still have a smartphone based on iOS, then you will be useful for you: how to check iPhone on viruses .
As you can see, the occurrence of problems with the protected connection is more often noted on the client side, and not on the web resource. If the SSL security certificate is valid, then it has not yet expired, thanks to simple manipulations, the user can eliminate the effects of the error and prevent its appearance again. For this you do not need to possess special knowledge and special skills.
And even if none of the described methods helped, getting to an unprotected site by ignoring a message about the danger of the transition. To do this, it is enough to choose the option "Advanced", which appears in the notification window, and activate the option "Go to the site". The method is considered risky, so it is recommended to resort to it as a last resort, if you do not need to enter personal data or make online payment.
It is important to make sure the websites you are viewing are safe. There are several ways to check it out. One of them is to check in the browser in the address bar. The presence of a symbol with a lock. But also a message "Your connection is not protected" can also be shown in the browser. If you ignore messages with a similar error, then you are at risk your online information.
To help you stay safe on the Internet, we will explain the reasons for which an error is not protected on your screen may appear on your screen, and how to fix it.
What does the error mean "Your connection is not protected"?
The error message "Your Connection is not protected" indicates that the connection is not safe. This means that if you do not use antivirus or encryption, your device can become a "golden residential" for hackers.
To access the website, your browser must check for digital certificates installed on the server to ensure that the site meets privacy standards and is safe for further use. If your browser detects something wrong with the certificate, it will try to prevent your access to this site. It is at this point that you will see a message "Your connection is not protected."
These certificates are also called public key infrastructure certificates or identity cards. They provide evidence that the site discover really is the site for which he gives out. Digital certificates help protect your personal information, passwords and payment information.
When your connection is not protected, it usually happens due to an error in the SSL certificate.
What is an SSL connection error?
The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate is designed to maintain websites through HTTPS secure connections. HTTPS is a security barrier used to securely authorize connections and data protection. The SSL connection error occurs when your browser has no secure way to open the requested site. When the browser sees that the connection is not safe, he will try to stop you from accessing this website.
There are several different causes of an SSL connection error:
- The certificate is missing or its validity of its expired
- Your browser is not updated
- Your antivirus or date settings and time are disabled
- server error
If the message is caused by an error on the server, then you will have to wait until the owner of this server fix this error.
As an error "Your connection is not protected" looks in different browsers
When you get a similar error message, it will lead you to a new page. Some browsers use simple messages, while others use codes and warning signs.
When you receive this error message in Google Chrome, it will lead you to the page called Privacy Error. On it, the browser will show a big red exclamation mark and the message "Your connection is not protected." He will warn you that attackers can try to steal your passwords, messages or credit cards. The message will give you the opportunity to return to the previous page, proceed to additional settings or try to continue working on the site.
In addition, the page will have an error code. Here are some of the most common:
- NET :: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID.
- NET :: ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID NTE :: ERR_CERTIFICATE_TRANSPARENCY_REQUID
- NET :: ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID.
- NET :: ERR_CERT_WEAK_SIGNATURE_ALGORITHM.
- SSL Certificate Error.
In Mozilla Firefox, this message looks likewise, but it sounds somewhat different: "Your connection is not safe." It reports that the owner of the site is wrongly configured. You also have the opportunity to go back or go to the additional settings.
The most common error codes that you can see in Firefox:
If you are a Safari browser user, then you will receive a message on a new page with a phrase that this connection is not protected, and that the website open can issue yourself for the site to which you would like to access to steal your Personal or financial information.
If you are using Microsoft Edge, you will see a message that looks almost identical to Google Chrome with an exclamation mark and message "Your connection is not protected." If the certificate does not match the domain to which you are trying to connect, you will see the same code.
The most common error codes that you can see in Microsoft EDGE:
- NET :: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID.
- Error Code: 0
How to fix the error "Your connection is not protected"
There are several different ways to correct or bypass this error message.
1. Restart page
Of course, it seems the easiest solution, but sometimes a reboot of the page allows you to eliminate failures associated with the browser timeout, Internet connections, etc. Try to re-type the address of the site in the address bar of the browser (perhaps earlier there was a typo).
2. Try incognito mode
The next thing you can try is to turn on incognito mode and try to access the same website. If the website really has security challenges, it should not work as soon as you switch to incognito mode, because this mode allows you to view the site without saving history or cache. If the browser still says "Your connection is not protected", then you should try to clean your cache.
To open a tab in the incognito browser in the upper right corner, press the button with three dots in the upper right corner, after which in the drop-down menu, select the "New window in Incognito" mode (the same you can achieve the CTRL + SHIFT + N keys).
3. Check the date and time
Double check the dates and time on your computer. If they do not match the browser, an SSL connection error may occur.
How to check the date and time on Mac
1. Go to Apple menu in the upper left corner of the screen
2. Click System Preferences
3. Here select Date & Time
4. Check that the date and time are indicated correctly.
How to check the date and time in Windows
1. Right-click on the date and time in the taskbar (as a rule, in the lower right corner of the screen)
2. In the drop-down menu, select "Date and Time Settings"
3. Check that the date and time are indicated true.
4. Clean the cache and cookies in your browser
While watching web pages your computer stores cookies (cookies) that collect data and occupy a lot of hard disk space. When your computer tries to process all this information, it can start working slower.
Try to go to the settings and clean the cache and cookies in your browser. Deleting all this information will speed up your connections.
5. Note which Wi-Fi is used.
You can get this message with an error when using public Wi-Fi, which is not safe. Some public Wi-Fi have a bad configuration and do not work on the HTTPS protocol. If you are not sure about the security of your connection, find another Wi-Fi network or wait until you can safely view sites at home.
The best way to protect your data with connections through public Wi-Fi is to use a virtual private network (VPN). VPN helps to hide your traffic and protect your online identity while sharing data encrypted with a remote server.
6. Check your antivirus or firewall
If you have an antivirus installed on your device with Mac or Windows, you can also receive an error message, as antivirus or firewall overrides your network. Check for this problem, temporarily shutting down the SSL scan function.
7. Act carefully
If you still see the message "Your connection is not protected", but you need to open the required site, then do it with maximum caution. Your browser shows you this message and advises not to continue for a valid reason.
After deciding to continue, you can subjected your personal information and payment information at risk to be compromised. Time and money related to this risk are not worth it.
If you fulfill our recommendations, you can fix or bypass an error message "Your connection is not protected". Remember that you receive this message as a result of the fact that the website you are trying to access is not considered safe. If you fail to eliminate the problem, I ignoring it, you, of course, can open the required site and find what you are looking for, but at the same time you will also risk your personal information. There is software, such as Panda Dome Antivirus, which you can use to protect your digital life. Your online information is of great value, so be intelligent when searching on the Internet so that your information is not in other people's hands.
Nowadays it is quite difficult to find a person who would not use the Internet.
Many users spend quite a large amount of time on its expanses. Therefore, as never in demand is a high-quality connection.
But what to do if all plans violates a suddenly appearing warning Your connection is not protected.
In this article we will look at why this error occurs in various browsers and what should be taken in the case of its appearance.
Fig.1 Warning window.
First of all, consider the emergence of this problem when using the Firefox Internet browser.
The value of this message
Often, such a message arises during a visit to secure sites. Such sites when interacting with the Firefox browser, use a special encryption method - #encryption. This is done in order to eliminate the possibility of viewing the involved information by intruders.
To understand that you go on to such a site - pay attention to the display line of the address visited. In the status bar ( #status_bar. ) The protected site will be displayed as an icon in the form of a closed lock. It will also be displayed in the address bar ( #Lokation_bar. ).
In addition, the browser will display and the domain name of the site in the status bar highlighted by yellow. This is necessary in order not to be misled with the purpose of kidnapping personal data.
Such sites may contain not only protected information, but also unprotected to which everyone has free access.
In case the site information is unprotected - Firefox will display in the status bar crossed out the lock icon of the lock. There will also be no domain name in the address bar and the status bar. If you pay attention to such information - you can immediately understand that the site visited has partial protection.
So, if Firefox connects with a secure site - it, first of all, checks the certificate provided by the site. The connection will be continued only if it is valid at the moment and if the degree of encryption is capable of protecting your personal data.
If it does not manage to check the certificate provided by the site, or the degree of encryption does not allow you to get the necessary protection of personal information of the user - the connection session will be automatically completed.
In this case, you will see a message about the problem.
It will look like it is shown in the picture.
Fig.2 Message about interrupted connection with an unprotected site.
The message displayed by the browser indicates that this site does not have the necessary configuration to protect your information from theft. Therefore, Firefox interrupts connection to it.
What to do when this message appears?
If you encountered a similar error - Try, if possible, get in touch with the owners of the site and inform them about the problem.
Before the moment, everything will be fixed on the site, try no longer for it.
All you can do in this case is to go to another site or simply close the connection page with an unprotected site.
Do not attempt again and re-implement a connection with the site that does not have due tuning, as in this case you become vulnerable and risk the possibility of intercepting fraudsters.
To familiarize yourself with the information on why the site visited does not have a secure connection - use the "Advanced" button located in the information window.
Below will be described The most common mistakes contributing to the termination of the connection with the requested site.
The first error
This error is associated with the fact that the certificate available at the site will not be valid until a specific date.
Fig.3 No date, to which the certificate issued is valid.
In the event you get information about the date and see the error code itself.
This means that the date is incorrectly configured on your computer.
To solve this problem - open the Date and Time tabs tab and make the necessary adjustment.
Fig.4 Tab of date and time parameters.
Second widespread error
It occurs in the event that the validity of the identification certificate in one or another site has already expired.
Fig.5 The expiration of the identification certificate of the site being visited.
The information message will display the current date and time set on your computer.
If the problem is enclosed in their improper configuration - open the date and time parameters and switch the necessary adjustment.
It is also common and lies in the absence of confidence in the certificate provided due to the presence of an unknown chain of certificates.
Fig.6 Lack of confidence in the certificate provided.
This problem most often arises due to the activation of the SSL scan in the antivirus installed on the computer.
To solve it, you will need to reinstall the antivirus or disable the interception of secure connections in its settings.
For example, if you use the Avast antivirus program to protect the system - open the "Settings" and go to the Active Protection tab.
There you will need to click on the "Set" button, located next to the web shield.
Fig.7 Preview Antivirus Avast.
In the window that opens, remove the allocation checkbox from the "Enable HTTPS scanning" string. In conclusion, you must confirm the changes in the settings by pressing the "OK" button.
If you use this product like Kaspersky - You will need to perform the following actions:
- Open a window with antivirus settings;
- At the bottom left part of this window, click on the "Settings" button;
- Use the "Advanced" item to go to the "Network" tab;
- Remove the "Scan Encrypted Connections" menu from the line;
- Highlight the checkbox "Do not scan encrypted connections";
- Confirm the changes made by pressing the "OK" button.
Fig.8 Kaspersky Lab Antivirus.
On the Internet it is not difficult to find the necessary information for other antivirus products.
No confidence in the certificate Your browser can display not only on little-known sites, but also on such giants like YouTube and Google. Most often, the owners of the Windows 10 operating system can be faced with such. This is due to the fact that the Microsoft family parameters are activated in user accounts.
To get rid of this problem, you will need to open the next page: Account.microsoft.com/Family. Next, you need to log in using Microsoft account.
The next step will be the removal of all available family members using the "Delete Family" function on the Advanced Settings tab.
In conclusion, it is necessary to get out of the family yourself by using the parameter of the same name.
It is the absence of confidence in the certificate, since the latter is self-signed.
Fig. 9 Lack of confidence in a self-signed certificate.
Such certificates are designed to protect against listening, but do not report any information about the recipient.
Most often, this uses non-public sites, so you can quite bypass this warning.
It is that the certificate provided to you belongs to a completely different Internet resource.
Fig.10 Certificate valid for certain resources.
Such a problem occurs quite often and first of all due to the fact that the certificate issued is valid for some part of the site being visited.
For example, you visited https: /example.com and received a warning about a similar error, and the certificate was issued for HTTPS: / www example.com. In the event of a transition to the last - warnings will not arise.
The emergence of such messages can occur and due to damage to the file. CERT9.DB. storing all your certificates.
Fig.11 Certificate Storage.
In this case, without opening Firefox, delete the above file so that the next time you start the browser it has occurred.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the menu and select "Help";
- Click the "Information to solve problems" tab;
- Open the profile folder in the Application Information section;
- Open the menu and select "Exit";
- Select file DB and remove it;
- Make a browser reboot.
When is it possible to ignore warnings?
This option is suitable if you are confident in the reliability of the resource.
However, even in this case, you are not insured against listening and from intercepting confidential data by unauthorized persons.
If you still decide to ignore the warning that appeared - do some simple actions.
On the page with a similar warning, use the "Advanced" button.
If the browser connects to a weak encryption site - download it using an outdated security system. The possibility of such download will be provided to you. In the case of a resource, whose certificate is unconfirmed - add it to exceptions.
Ability to post an error
On the Internet there are quite a large number of sites that enable the Firefox browser to report to your center about the error.
Fig.12 Sending information about an error.
To do this, set the checkbox on the Problem Record page below, opposite the line "Report errors like this to help Mozilla and block malicious sites."
The emergence of warning about unprotected connection in the browser Chrome.
The emergence of problems with certificates of certain sites opened by the "chromium" browser is identical to Firefox and are solved by similar methods.
The reasons for their occurrence should also include:
- Incorrect system time setting;
- the presence of an unverified certificate is either completed;
- installed blocking extensions;
- Chrome browser disorder.
In the first case, to eliminate the error, you will need to adjust the system date and time so that they match them installed on the server. To do this, open the Time and Date Settings tab, and adjust them.
Fig.13 Date and time settings window.
The emergence of the warning due to the unverified or obsolete certificate most often occurs when trying to enter on any other resource in the personal account.
To get around this - click in the Error Display window to the "Advanced" tab, and then use the "Go to Site" button.
Blocking expansions are more relate to the anti-virus program installed on the computer.
In order to correct this situation, you will need to open the Chrome browser and go to the installed extension tab.
Fig.14 Tab "Extensions" Google Chrome.
Among the list of available, select the modules of your antivirus and remove the selection tick from them.
After that, re-open the browser and try to enter the site.
The occurrence of this error may be due to the failure of Chrome. Repair the situation can be a banal reinstalling browser.
To delete a defective version, open the "Programs and Components" window, select the name of the installed browser and click the Delete button.
Fig.15 Window "Programs and Components".
After the application is deleted - overload the computer and re-enable the Google Chrome setting.
In most cases, the warning of unprotected connection ceases to disturb.
This article came to an end in which we reviewed the options for the appearance of the prevention on the presence of an unprotected compound.
We hope that the available information will be useful to you and will help in solving this error.
Your connection is not protected How to Fix:
During the use of the Internet, an error often arises with the wording "Your connection is not protected", as a result of which a further visit to the desired site is impossible. When such an inscription appeared on the screen, it does not mean that the computer has undergone viral attack. Most likely, the user went to the site with an unconfirmed certificate. The connection is also violated in cases where problems occur in the client's equipment.
Causes of error
The reasons for the appearance of such an inscription quite a lot and the mistake itself may appear in any system, but it can be found more often when using browsers and devices from Google. This is a popular problem of Chromium's engine users who have to think from time to time to fix an unprotected connection and from which it can occur at all.
Extensions installed in the browser
The first problem has caused violations in connecting to any site can be Extensions that are in the browser . Some modern extensions can fully or partially block sites. Sometimes it is useful, because there are many malicious resources on the Internet. However, they can become a problem that hinders a person to work at a computer. Once the browser can cross the HTTPS letters in the address bar and give such an inscription. Therefore, it is necessary to solve the problem as soon as possible, then not to experience inconvenience.
It is necessary to decide for yourself, what extensions are worth disconnecting, and which is not. As soon as the problem is detected, the user needs to open the menu in the Google Chrome window called "Additional Tools" and find the Extension item in it. If the cause of the failure is known, then you just need to turn off the add-on, blocking the work of the site. Usually such a superstructure is some antivirus program.
As soon as the tick will be removed, the client comes out of the browser, comes into it again and sees that the problem is solved.
Incorrect date and time
It also happens that the question of how to fix an unprotected connection is solved in two scores. It is important to always pay attention to the error code. He is written under the inscription itself. Net code formulation: ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID appears if the computer is incorrectly displayed on the computer. Now you need to hover the cursor to the right corner of the taskbar and configure the date correctly.
After clicking on the timer, the context menu will open, where to select "Setting the date and time" item. You can fix the violation by referring to the clock on the Internet. When the changes are saved, the site should be restarted and it will open. If the problem does not decide, only the appeal to those skilled in the art will help. Most likely, the case is in the battery on the motherboard.
Problems in the browser itself
The notorious page can stay before the user's eyes and after solving all the problems when "Your connection is not protected" on the screen is still. What to do with chrome now? Wanting to restore Internet access, many users just reinstalled Google Chrome. To do this, first remove the old version. The "Control Panel" menu includes "Programs and Components". In the list that opens, you need to find the browser Google Chrome and delete it completely. From the official site it will be possible to download the full version anew and absolutely free.
Site certificate invalid
The most popular reason for the problem described is the missing or overdue certificate. When sites are created, they have their own data, privacy policies and other information. Sites possessing such information have a certificate. However, if there is no data, then you will not be able to get to the site in Google chrome.
To do not disturb this problem, you need to click on the "Advanced" item under the error warning and open the site. Prudant user will do this only if he is confident in the authenticity of the site and completely trusts him.
Outdated version of OS.
It may also be that the version of Windows is installed on the computer, which is no longer supported. The output is only one - install a newer operating system, otherwise the problems will not end.
Problem with connecting in other browsers
Warnings about unprotected connections can be represented differently and sometimes may occur not only in Google Chrome. Yandex Browser can also issue such errors. Their sources are about the same, but still for Yandex also have their recommendations. In addition to the Yandex clients, such a problem can touch the Mozilla Firefox users. All these browsers use extensions and superstructures that need to be understood before starting work.
Failure to work browser Yandex
Yandex issues notifications that the connection is not protected when the site does not have confirmed authentication and the user risks to undergo a viral attack or get into the hands of attackers when trying to transmit important personal data. This does not mean that the site accurately represents the danger to the computer, it was simply not registered in the system that makes the creation of certificates. But here in Yandex appeared the inscription "Your connection is not private", what to do in such a situation inexperienced user? Terms of continuing work here may be such:
- Ignore the warning and continue working on the site;
- Establish the latest updates;
- Configure computer clock to the correct date;
- Try to go to Yandex in the "Incognito" mode.
It is worth continuing only if the user is confident that the site still has the necessary documentation or at least does not pose a threat. The scheme here is still the same. You need to click on the "Advanced" link and select Google to the site in the opening menu. Reliable certificates have the same power as unreliable. The client must remember this, because unverified sites - optionally malicious. However, you still need to be careful.
It should be monitored whether the installation of updates is required. Some SSL certificates may not be taken into account the current version of the operating system, because the update is the best way out in this situation.
This is divided through Windows Update. On many versions, their installation is automated and in itself. If for any reason on the computer there is no this feature, you can install manually updates. The general course of action is:
- Open menu "Start";
- Open the "Control Panel";
- Click on the link "Security and System";
- In the window that opens, run Windows Updates;
- Select accessible improvements and install them.
In order to avoid manual installation in the future, experienced users advise you to configure the automatic system update in the Settings menu.
In Yandex, there is no one to view pages in the "Incognito" mode. This setting sometimes solves access problems. Its essence is that staying on the network from any device is carried out in an anonymous mode. Here the history of visits is not saved, the user's actions are not tracked, passwords and other data are not tracked. To work in Yandex anonymously, you need:
- Open Yandex;
- Display quick access menu;
- Select an option "Advanced" or "Advanced";
- Click on the "Open New Window" or "New Incognito Window" command.
In the window that opens, you can try again to go to the desired site. If the transition attempt succeed, then, most likely, the case in any plugins that are installed on the computer and interfere with the work of the user on the Internet. You need to try to find them and disable.
Failures in the work of Mozilla Firefox
Despite the fact that it is Firefox that is considered one of the most reliable browsers, its users are still not insured against various lags, including those. When this problem is required, all the above methods can be approached. However, it is necessary to take into account the features of each browser, since the location of the settings and key links may vary. The scheme of solving the problem of establishing a safe connection in Firefox includes the following steps:
- Setting hours;
- Reconfiguration of antivirus programs;
- Windows analysis using antivirus;
- Update OS or browser;
- Deleting all browser files (cookies, history, passwords, certificates, etc.);
- Use anonymous mode;
- Disabling proxy;
- Continuing work.
Firefox more often interacts with different antivirus programs. When the antivirus is the cause of blocking the connection, you need to adjust it correctly. In the case of the Kaspersky program, the sequence of actions is as follows:
- Open the "Settings" menu;
- Open the "Additional" tab and click on the "Network" link;
- Put a tick opposite the conditions "do not scan protected connections".
Almost all modern antiviruses have the HTTPS scan function. You can run on the computer a deep check of the operating system to viruses, if it does not work out to solve the problem of setting the antivirus. Work on the Internet can eventually become impossible if the computer is infected with the virus.
Deleting certificate repository is another effective way for Firefox. In the upper right corner of the window you need to open the menu and select the "Help" item. In the opened menu, there is a link "Information for solving problems". Going through it, you can open the profile folder. To start the certificate history, it is necessary to wait for the Firefox profile folder opening, close the browser window and delete the CERT8 file from the folder. DB, which system will create anew when the browser is open again. If the remote certificate storage was damaged, then the problem will be solved.
In Firefox, you can open a private window, as well as Yandex. For a long time it will not solve it. But turning off the work of proxy is another matter. You can configure the browser so that it does not use proxy. This is also one of the most likely and effective solutions.
All these actions will help the user understand how to remove an unprotected connection, or how to turn off HTTPS in Google Chrome and other browsers, or how to act when these ways do not help. Warnings containing the "SSL", "ERR", Error, Protocol, "Err", "ProTocol" always imply errors in the browser or OS. Even worse when this problem blocks the entrance to payment systems, VKontakte accounts, Odnoklassniki or YouTube.
It is necessary to solve the problem with an understanding of why it originated and how to solve it precisely on a particular computer. You need to take any ways to solve the problem, otherwise it turns out that there was a virus on a computer, laptop or device "Android" and the user will not be able to connect to the Internet at all. It is in the worst case and better before this does not bring.
Originally Posted 2018-04-30 04:14:05.
Your connection is not protected in Chrome, Opera, Yandex.Browser, Amigo
On this page, I will try to collect all proven error solutions "Your connection is not protected", which can be seen in the Google Chrome browser, Yandex.Bauzer, Opera, Amigo and others, when visiting different sites. Also in the window with an error there is a description: "Malefactors may try to kidnap your data from the site (for example, passwords, messages or bank card numbers)" . And the error code: "ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID", "ERR_CERT_WEAK_SIGNATURE_ALGORITM", or "ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID". And the "HTTPS" protocol itself will be red and crossed.
Immediately I want to say that this error does not mean that you were hacked, or something kidnapped. It also has no relation to your internet connection, or a router. By the way, I recently already wrote about solving a similar problem: this site cannot provide a secure connection.
Important! If you have Windows 7, then first see the new decision at the end of this article. Especially if the problem appeared after installing the system.
What is this mistake and why does it appear? Some useful information:
- The error "Your Connection is not protected" appears in browsers that are built on the Chromium engine. And this is a large number of browsers. Such as: Chrome, Opera, Yandex.Bauzer, Orbitum, Amigo, satellite and others.
- This error may appear only on sites that use the secure HTTPS protocol. There are more such sites more and more. These are popular social networks (classmates, Vkontakte), search engines, online banks, YouTube, etc. It's all about the certificate that is needed to encrypt traffic via SSL protocol. And an unprotected connection error appears as a result of a failure when checking the certificate. As a rule, the problem is in the browser, or some settings on the computer. But the problem may also be on the side of the site. True, if it is some kind of popular site, it is practically excluded.
- First you need to check the browser (Clear cache, disable extensions) And then check other computer settings.
Error: "The clock is lagging behind (ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID)" in Google Chrome
Due to the wrong settings of the date and time on the computer, an error "is not protected" can appear. Previously, it was. But now I checked, and another message appears: "The clock is lagging behind."
In any case, check the date and time settings. If you set up the settings, then right-click on the clock and select "Date and Time Settings". In Windows 10 it looks like this:
Install the automatic setting of these parameters, or specify manually.
Update: If the date and time is installed correctly
In the comments, Sergey shared a solution that helped him remove the error "Your Connection is not protected", which appeared after reinstalling Windows 7 in all browsers.
Since the time and date were set correctly, then Sergey first changed the date, after which the chrome began to issue a message "Watch behind", and after installing the right date, everything worked.
Determine the cause of the error, clean the browser
If the date settings are all in order, then you need to determine the cause of the message "Your connection is not protected". As I wrote above, the reason can be both in the browser itself and in the system settings, or on the side of the site that cannot be logged.
First of all, I advise you to check whether the "problem" site opens in another browser (preferably on the chromium engine) . Surely, you have several browsers installed.
- If site opens In another browser, it means that you need to clean the cache and cookies of the browser in which an error with the er_cert_authority_invalid code appears, or ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID. Also need to disable extensions (additions) . If it does not help, reinstall the browser.
- If site does not open - See other solutions to this problem at the end of this article.
Let's briefly look at how to cleanse cache and cookies in popular browsers. Also check the installed extensions.
Your connection is not protected in Google Chrome
To clean the cache and cookie, go to "Menu" - "Advanced Tools" - "Deleting Page Viewed Data". You can easily delete images and files, but after cleaning cookies, you may need to log in to some sites.
Also temporarily disable all extensions. To do this, go to "Menu" - "Advanced Tools" - "Extensions" and remove the checkmarks near all the installed extensions.
Then you can turn them back. Practice Pay for expansion from antivirus programs.
To clean the cache and cookies, go to the "Menu" - "Settings" and click on the "Clean Load Story" button. Select "Cookies" and "Files saved in the cache" files. During all this time.
Supplements are in "Menu" - "Settings", "Add-ons" tab. Disconnect everything.
On the browser Opera, I wrote a separate instruction: how to clean the story, cache, Cookie Opera browser. Everything is simple there.
Extensions are in the section "Menu" - "Extensions". Over again, turn off everything. Especially VPN and antiviruses.
In this way, you can try to correct the error "Your Connection is not protected" in the Opera browser.
Two more points:
- If you have another browser, then it's not difficult to find these settings there. Also for cleaning different parameters of almost all browsers, I can advise the CCleaner program. Just be careful when working with it. Do not delete something superfluous.
- If cleaning history and disabling add-ons did not help get rid of the error, and the required site is still not opening with a warning about unprotected connection, then try reinstalling your browser. If, for example, an error in Google Chrome, then delete it, then download and install anew.
Other error solutions "Your connection is not protected"
Let's look at a few more solutions.
- Do not forget that the problem may be on the side of the site. Especially if this is not a very popular site. You can try to go to it from another device and / or through another connection. For example, from a smartphone through a mobile Internet.
- Try on the computer, in the Internet connection properties to register DNS from Google: 126.96.36.199 / 188.8.131.52. . In more detail how to do this, I wrote in the article: how to replace DNS on Google Public DNS. There are reviews that Woman working !
- Remember, maybe you have installed some programs before that. Remove them. For example, an error may appear due to programs: Gramble, Research Bar.
- Temporarily turn off the antivirus (or the built-in firewall) . For example, Avast Anti-Viruses, ESET Smart Security sometimes not allow the sites that run through the HTTPS protocol. They are trying to filter this traffic, and they don't always have it.
- Check proxy settings. In the search, type "Proxy" and open the "Proxy Server Setup" (in Windows 10) . Or go to "Control Panel" - "Browser Properties" - "Connections" tab. Further click on the "Setup" button and check that everything is exhibited as in the screenshot below. You can also try to remove the "Automatic Definition of Parameters" checkbox.
- Check your computer to viruses. For this purpose, different utilities are perfect. Such as: adwcleaner (Many helps) , Dr.Web Cureit !, AVZ.
- Disconnect VPN. If it is installed on your computer in the form of a program, or additions in the browser.
- If you have Windows XP, you need to install the SP3 update package. If the "Your Connection is not protected" error appears in Windows 10, 8, 7, you can try to install system updates (if they are disabled and not installed automatically) .
- If nothing helps at all, and it is very necessary to go to the site, then in the error window, click on "Additional" and click on the link "Go to the site (unsafe)". I do not recommend that you go to sites where you are going to conduct some kind of payment, enter important information, etc. It may be unsafe!
Update: Error "Connection is not protected" in Windows 7
At the same time (approximately from the end of March 2020) In the comments, messages began to appear that it was in Windows 7 that an error "Connection is not protected" began to appear when trying to go to some sites (VKontakte). All standard solutions that have not helped in this article.
It was possible to find out what the reason is in updates. More precisely in their absence. And this error appeared mainly in those who have just installed Windows 7. That is, the system without updates. We must admit that the seven is already outdated. Support for Windows 7 from Microsoft has already ended.
Found two solutions:
- Update Windows 7 through the Windows Update Center. There is information (I did not check) that you need to install only update KB4474419. . If the system is loaded and installing updates - the problem with unprotected connection in the browser will leave.
- Installing update KB3004394-V2-X64 for a 64-bit system and KB3004394-V2-X86 For a 32-bit system. You can download it from Microsoft.
How to download the desired update:
- Link for 64-bit (x64) systems: https://www.microsoft.com/ru-ru/download/details.aspx?id=45633
- Link for 32-bit (x86) systems: https://www.microsoft.com/ru-ru/download/details.aspx?id=45588
- Go to the desired link, if you need to choose the language of your system and click "Download".
- Save the file (It will be about the name: Windows6.1-Kb3004394-v2-x64.msu) on the desktop.
- Run the file and install the update.
Write in the comments, what method helped you, if you managed to get rid of the error in the browser "Your connection is not protected." Touch your questions, describe in detail the problem, after which it all began, which tried to do to solve it, etc. We will think and decide the question together. Since most sites are just starting to go to the HTTPS protocol, I think that the article will be relevant and useful to many.